Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
You want a fantastic organic body lotion will effectively seal in moisture all day, relieve dry and itchy skin without irritating it further, and be something you love to use every day.
Take some time to relax and enjoy the experience of softer skin with our favorite organic body lotions. We have selected them not only based on their effectiveness and quality of ingredients, but also on how much people love using them!
What You Need in a Natural Body Lotion
- Ingredients called humectants that draw moisture to the skin's outer layer. These include glycerin and hyaluronic acid.
- Occlusive ingredients to create a barrier over the skin and lock in moisture. Natural occlusives include beeswax, lanolin, candelilla wax, and carnauba wax, heavy oils like macadamia and castor oil, and cocoa butter.
- Emollients to fill the gap between cell clusters, this will make the skin feel soft and smooth. Natural emollients include plant oils such as jojoba oil and butters such as shea butter.
- Skin-repairing ingredients such as ceramides will help restore the skin barrier without irritation.
- Soothing ingredients such as chamomile, calendula, oatmeal, and aloe to soften and calm itchiness and dry skin.
- A reasonable price and size. Body lotion is meant to be applied to the whole body and used every day, so you want something that will last awhile.
- Pump or tube packaging as opposed to jar packaging. This keeps air and bacteria from your fingers from getting into your lotion.
Ingredients to Avoid in Body Lotions
- synthetic fragrances and dyes
- DMDM Hydantoin
- Retinyl palmitate
All of the body lotions we recommend are free of the above ingredients.
The Best 5 Body Lotions of 2019
We love this body lotion because it is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and blemish-prone. You can use this lotion all year long, it is hydrating enough for dry winter skin, and light enough to be used in the summer.
You will love the consistency of Ursa Major's body lotion, it absorbs well and has a lovely, crisp scent. The texture is light, but it is definitely hydrating enough. It keeps your skin moisturized for the whole day.
Ursa Major is one of our favorite brands for Men.
We love the clean ingredients and the convenient pump bottle of Odacite's aloe vera based body lotion. A lightweight mix of jojoba, coconut, and olive oils soothe and moisturize the skin.
You will love the light, clean scent, and the way this lotion absorbs into your skin without feeling sticky.
Made for people with dry and irritated skin, the Body Repair Lotion contains oat kernel extract, beta-glucan, and Bisabolol to soothe and repair skin that is suffering from dermatitis or eczema, as well as other skin irritations.
You will love how healing this lotion is for itchy skin. Use it on a new tattoo or on dry patches of skin and feel a difference right away.
A little goes a long way, and the scent is mild and perfect for both men and women.
[Read: CV Skinlabs Skin Balm Review]
A lotion formulated for allergy-prone and sensitive skin, Pai's Comfrey and Calendula body lotion contains comfrey, a plant known for supporting skin repair. Comfrey is rich in allantoin, a substance that stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
Calendula offers anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties. This lotion is free from alcohol, artificial fragrance, synthetic preservatives, and petrochemicals.
Organic coconut and sememe oils nourish and hydrate the skin. Natural essential oils offer pleasing scents; Everyone Lotion comes in a variety of scents including citrus + mint, cedar + citrus, apricot + vanilla, lavender + aloe, coconut + lemon, coconut + mint, and unscented.
You will love the silky soft feeling this lotion provides as well as the non-toxic ingredients and super affordable price tag.
An affordable hand and body lotion available on Amazon, this lotion is lightweight and non-greasy. Organic shea butter and vitamin E leave skin feeling soft and smooth for all-day moisture.
There you have it, 6 of the best natural body lotions of 2019! I hope you enjoyed this article, if you did, please share it with your friends!
Do you have any body lotions you love? If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below! We always answer 🙂