Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
What Can An Ice Roller Do For My Skin?
Cold causes constriction and the massaging element activates lymphatic drainage, all of which reduce the look of fatigue, puffiness, redness, and irritation.
Cold temperatures cause shrinkage, so it helps reduce the appearance of pores, and has a lifting effect on skin.
There are many different reason to use an ice roller. The benefits go beyond the skin, penetrating deep into the muscular structure and blood vessels, helping with pain and discomfort. Once you try it you are going to love it.
When Should I use an Ice Roller?
- Shaving/waxing: Use your ice roller after freshly treated follicles to sooth the micro wounds that happen when you wax or irritate the skin with hair removal.
- Sunburn: There are not too many things that can sooth sunburn as well as cold therapy does. I recommend applying a thin layer of Aloe Vera Gel, and massage your cold roller over the sunburnt areas.
- Fatigue: Our skin can look dull and puffy when we are tired. Tired eyes can dramatically be improved with cold therapy. Use your ice roller in the mornings before you apply your makeup or after your shower. The skin will tighten and smooth the complexion.
- Puffy Skin: You may have heard the old beauty trick with cold spoons under the eyes, many dermatologist recommend cold therapy to quickly relieve puffiness anywhere on the face.
- Sore muscles/headache: Cold therapy or an ice pack can dramatically relieve muscle pain. With the rolling motion you can massage and cool down the muscles. If you have jaw pain, neck, forehead or any part of the face and body, massage that area with cold therapy for relief.
- Prone to breakouts: Ice rollers can be used as an alternative for people who are sensitive to products. If you breakout easily from skin care products that help with redness or swelling, this is a great alternative. You can treat many of the same skin conditions without the worry of skin irritations.
- Allergy Season: Ice rollers are great for people who suffer from allergies. You can calm inflammation and reduce swelling causes by allergies.
How To Use an Ice-Roller for the Skin
An ice roller is incredibly easy to use, intuitive really. You can keep your roller in the freezer, always being sure that it is ready for use.
You can use your ice roller in the morning to energize your skin. Roll it around the eyes, cheeks and jaw line to reduce any puffiness from overnight.
If during the day you experience a pimple or breakout, roll the ice cold therapy to soothe inflammation and take down redness.
Finally use your ice roller before bed after your days work. We can accumulate a lot of tension, or puffiness throughout the day that can easily be relieved with cold therapy. Roll over the neck and shoulders and relax to help you sleep.
Check out this video for a great description of how an ice roller can enhance your skin!
My Experience with Cold Therapy
For someone like myself who has seen hundreds of clients, there is always a good reason to use ice cold therapy in any type of treatment. Whether it is after an irritating upper lip wax, electrolysis or after a microdermabrasion facial, you can instantly cool the affected area.
An ice roller can be used to help seal in a product after application by closing the pores. Use your anti-aging night creams or daily serums followed by your ice roller to get the most out of your expensive facial products. I use an ice rollers after I apply any corrective serum during a facial.
I often get requests from my clients to use the ice roller for tension relief. Many of my clients work at their computers all day and find they have tension around the eyes and forehead. After 5- 7 minutes my clients feel tension free and revived. Such a simple tool that can provide much needed relief.
Don't forget, this is all possible at home. You can create a spa like experience or revitalizing facial at home for a fraction of the cost.
Recommended Ice Roller
Hansderma Skincool Ice Roller
- HansDerma SkinCool Ice Roller has a stainless-steel head to hold an ice cold temperature for longer than regular PVC head attachments.
- HansDerma SkinCool is Dermatologist Recommended.
- HansDerma SkinCool is a professional standard tool, so it can be used in your health care practice, or at home.
- HansDerms SkinCool is a higher quality hand held tool, that will last longer than other hand helds compared.
HansDerma SkinCool Ice Roller is a higher quality, professional tool that will last you in your practice or at home longer than other hand held ice rollers. It is made of heavy duty PVC and comes with a stainless-steel head that will hold cold temperatures longer than plastic or gels.
Skincool has a nice design, making it easy to hold when using it on yourself or on clients. You will find so many uses for your ice roller and you don't have to deal with ice packs anymore.
I love this ice roller and I love using it on my face day and night. Keep it in the freezer at all times so you can pull it out for any skin concern needing immediate attention.
You don't have to deal with puffiness anymore! Its that simple. Ice rollers are a great, practical skin care gadget that has so many uses and is well worth the money.
Hansderma Skincool Ice Roller
For Face and Body Massage
A lot nicer than an ice pack right? Let us know how cold therapy has helped you, leave us a comment!
To a Bright and Beautiful you,