Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
This article will teach you the best ways to naturally care for the delicate skin around your eyes. We will discuss preventative measures as well as effective topical treatments.
The skin around your eyes is more sensitive than other areas of your face. It is thin and has very few oils glands for natural hydration. It is prone to wrinkles and sagging and is often the first area of our face to show the signs of aging. Many of us want to slow this process down and keep our youth for as long as we can!
Extra care needs to be taken when choosing skin care products for this area, due to its sensitive nature. Luckily, we have taken the time to hand-pick the best organic products for you. They will be included in the article below.
Preventing Eye Area Wrinkles
If you start caring for this area when you are young, you will keep your skin looking younger for longer.
- Be gentle with your skin, avoid tugging and pulling at it, as these actions will cause a loss of elasticity.
- Repeated facial expressions cause lines to form in your skin. Wear sunglasses so you don't get squint lines. But remember to smile, we all age and that is ok, I would rather have happy lines than grumpy lines 🙂
- Wear sunscreen everyday, this will go a long way to prevent wrinkle formation.
- Moisturize around the eyes with a plumping lotion or serum ( look for hyaluronic acid). At night use an eye cream containing collagen-encouraging peptides or vitamin C.
- Before bed, gently massage your eye area so that your face muscles relax.
- Avoid sleeping on your face, this will create more wrinkles.
- Drink enough water and get enough sleep.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Be gentle when removing eye makeup.
Easy And Gentle Eye Makeup Removal
When removing eye makeup it is important to be gentle. You don't want to pull and tug on the area around your eyes, as this will cause sagging.
- Grab a bottle of unscented lotion or a vegetable oil such as jojoba oil, olive oil or coconut oil and head to the bathroom.
- Run a washcloth under warm water and wring it out thoroughly so that it is damp.
- Place a dime-sized amount of lotion or vegetable oil on your eyes, rubbing it thoroughly onto your eyelid. Be careful not to get the product into your eyes.
- Wipe off the lotion or oil with the damp washcloth. Remember to be gentle, don't pull or tug the skin.
- Rinse your eyelids thoroughly, taking care not to get anything in your eyes.
- Wash your face with your regular facial cleanser.
A well-formulated eye cream will do wonders for the eye area when applied every day. It will lend moisture and keep your skin plump.
To treat this delicate skin, we need to use products that are gentle and non-irritating. The best creams will be those that contain a range of antioxidants and vitamins, potent skin-plumping substances, and wrinkle-reducing compounds.
What To Look For In An Eye Cream
- Vitamin C - increases collagen, thickens the skin.
- Peptides - boost collagen production.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) - lightens hyper-pigmentation
- Vitamin A - increases cell turnover, reveals fresh new skin, increases collagen.
- Hyaluronic Acid - plumps the skin, reducing the look of fine lines.
- Kojic Acid - A natural skin lightener.
Our Favorite Eye Cream
Foxbrim Youthful Radiance Eye Cream contains collagen building vitamin C, puffiness-reducing green tea, and nourishing plant oils.
Serums are often water-based products that carry active ingredients into the skin. They often have better penetration than moisturizers.
Serums that are good for the eye area will contain much of the same active ingredients as creams or moisturizers (such as vitamin C or peptides).
Our Serum Pick
Teva Organic BioScience Complex is a powerful anti-aging serum that is packed with vitamin C, peptides, and hyaluronic acid.
Cold-pressed plant and seed oils are often gentle enough for the eye area and contain all the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that your skin needs. They work as natural moisturizers and are an excellent choice to anyone that is sensitive to too many ingredients.
Use a gentle, high-quality oil of your choice to massage your eye area before bed.
Eye Massage for Under Eye Wrinkles
Eye massage increases the blood circulation to your eyes, helping bring oxygen and nutrients to your eyes. Your under eye skin will be replenished with antioxidants from the oils and your eyesight will be improved from the increased circulation.
- Start with clean hands.
- Put a drop or two of oil on your pinky and massage under you eyes with gentle, circular motions.
- Ensure you use gentle and even pressure.
- Perform this for a few minutes every night.
Essential oils can be an excellent addition to a targeted eye area treatment.
Lavender is the best essential oil for eye wrinkles. It is gentle, soothing, anti-inflammatory, brightening, improves elasticity and regenerates the skin. It is also very affordable. Lavender is the best because it does all the things that other essential oils can do, in one oil.
Caring for the skin around the eyes is pretty simple. It requires preventative measures such as sun protection; self-care actions like getting enough rest, water and nourishment; and daily use of a potent serum, oil or cream that is formulated for use around the eyes.
If you treat your eye area gently and nourish it with topical products, you will be well on your way to keeping your healthy looking eyes for a long time.
More Articles About The Eye Area:
How do you care for your eyes? Do you have any eye area troubles that you would like to see us write about? Leave a comment below and let us know! If you liked this article, share it with your friends 🙂
Yours In Beauty,