Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
A bronzer adds warmth to your complexion, making it look sun-kissed. It's no wonder they are such a popular makeup item!
You are here because you want to learn about the best organic bronzers of 2019. And we like to deliver.
Before we get into the list of bronzers, let's take a quick look at choosing a bronzer and how to use one.
Tips for Choosing A Bronzer
- Don't go too dark in the fall or winter. Look for sheer, lightweight formulas, that don't have too much sparkle.
- You want a bronzer that is light-reflective, but not too shimmery. The idea is to have it look as natural as possible.
- Be aware that matte bronzers can make your face look dirty. The key is in proper blending.
- A golden rule is to use a bronzer that is two shades darker than your skin tone; this will give you a very natural look.
- Look for super fine particles instead of chunks of glitter.
- You may need two bronzers, one for the winter and one for the summer, as your skin tone changes through the seasons.
Skin Tones and Bronzer Colors
- If you are fair, avoid anything too dark and instead opt for peachy-golden tones. Also, avoid reds and browns, they will look orange and dirty.
- Medium complexions do well with luminous bronzers to compliment their already warm appearance. Avoid light bronzers as they can wash out your skin tone.
- Deep skin tones look dazzling in copper hues to impart a natural-looking glow.
- Olive skin tones - non-shimmer with a warm yellow or gold base to enhance your skin's natural warmth and not complete with your own peach and gold undertones.
- Warm undertones should opt for golden brown bronzers.
- Cool undertones stick to neutral shades and avoid red-toned bronzers.
- Yellow undertones work well with peachy and pink bronzers.
Cream, Powder or Liquid?
- In general oily and acne-prone skins do better with powders, whereas cream and liquid bronzers work better on dry skin.
How to Use a Bronzer
Bronzers are best applied to the temples, by your hairline, under your cheekbones, around your jawline, and on your nose and chin. The center of your neck, chest, and décolletage can use a light dusting as well.
You are attempting to mimic sun-kissed sparkle on the skin. Use your bronzer where the sun naturally hits your body.
Start with a small amount and add more as needed. Build your layers slowly, and check your makeup in natural light.
The Top 9 Organic Bronzers of 2019
RMS Beauty: Buriti Bronzer
A nourishing bronzer for the skin, RMS Beauty's Buriti Bronzer contains buriti oil, an oil that is super high in both Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene.
This bronzer will last all day, it dries and stays put - even on oily skin. The bronzer is on the red/brown side, it is not a contour color, and it will give you a true sun-kissed color. The color is subtle and natural, perfect for a minimal routine; you can use it on your eyelids as well.
Perfect in every way, creamy but with staying power. A minimal glass jar makes this bronzer easy to use and small enough to carry with you everywhere.
Han Skin Care Cosmetics Bronzer
You will love the ingredients list on this bronzer! Cocoa powder for a sweet scent and oil-absorbing rice powder instead of talc. This bronzer has everything you could want, buildable coverage, a natural look, not too much shimmer, and super affordable.
It comes in three shades:
- Malibu: A natural matte bronzer for a healthy-looking tan. It can also be used as a contour powder, to give dimension.
- Maui: A natural bronze that gives a sun-kissed glow with subtle shimmer.
- Ibiza: A warm brown with soft golden shimmer that delivers all over warmth and a natural glow.
Lily Lolo: Pressed Bronzer
You will love the soft, buildable and natural colors of Lily Lilo Mineral Bronzers. The colors are subtle, and won't leave you looking orange. Natural ingredients make up this award-winning bronzer, with Argan oil and Jojoba oil being two star components.
I love how convenient this pressed powder is, you can take it anywhere with you for quick touch-ups. Also, because it is light and buildable, you can use it year round!
Lily Lolo Pressed Bronzer comes in three shades:
- Miami Beach - Matte light tan
- Montego Bay - Sheen medium tan
- Honolulu - Sheen dark tan
W3ll People Bio Bronzer Baked Powder
You will love the universally flattering shade of this W3ll People Bronzer Powder. The ultra-smooth baked bronzer gives a natural, matte finish for a healthy-looking glow.
I love that the color is buildable and smooth, making blending a breeze, and without emphasizing pores or fine lines.
This is an excellent brand for anyone looking to replace their non-clean, high-end makeup brands with something non-toxic!
Kjear Weis Bronzer
I love the creamy texture of this luxurious bronzer; it glides so effortlessly on the skin. And the fact that you can buy refills for the container makes this a company worth supporting.
The colors work as a bronzer on lighter skin tones and as a highlighter on darker skin tones.
Kjear Weis Bronzers come in two shades:
- Dazzling: A great combination of bronzer and contour cream in one, and can be used as either a bronzer and highlighter.
- Lustrous: Created with a reddish undertone which helps bring vibrant color and contour to sun-kissed summer skin. For the deepest skin colors, it works wonderfully. Can be used for bronzer or contouring.
Alima Pure Mineral Bronzer
Warm up your complexion with a pure mineral powder bronzer. I love that this bronzer works well on fair skin, it will warm your skin without making it look too red or orange. It is a perfect color for winter.
This is a matte bronzer, so it is perfect for people looking to enhance the natural warmth of their skin color without overpowering the complexion with shimmer.
The best thing about Alima pure mineral powders is that they last forever! Also, they offer buildable coverage without looking caked on.
Alima Pure Bronzers come in two shades:
- Maracaibo – Light matte bronze for fair to light skin tones
- Mauna Loa – Medium matte bronze for light to medium skin tones
W3ll People Bio Bronzer Stick
The W3ll People Bio Bronzer Stick has just the right amount of shimmer for a natural glow, in a color that works for all skin tones. It is a multi-use cream stick containing aloe leaf extract and olive oil to hydrate and protect the skin. The stick form makes it convenient to carry for on-the-go application.
Blends effortlessly and isn't too red or too cool. The lovely warm tone flatters light to dark skin and looks like a natural tan.
Vapour Organic Beauty Solar Translucent Bronzer
A nourishing cream bronzer in stick form, the Vapour Solar translucent bronzer contains sun-specific antioxidants including Pomegranate, Green Tea and Acai Berry, and nourishes skin with calming Calendula Flower and vitamin-rich Shea Butter.
This bronzer can be used to create a natural glow; it is a balanced color, not too orange or noticeably shimmery, the colors work on all skin tones. The texture is nice and silky and keeps your skin looking fresh.
Blends thoroughly and evenly, this bronzer is lightweight and breathable and won't clog your pores.
Vapour's Bronzer comes in 3 shades:
- Mirage: light gold for fair skin (carmine free)
- Simmer: medium bronze for all skin tones (carmine free)
- Spicy: clear rich brown
Gressa Minimalist Contouring Serum Bronzer
The Gressa Minimalist Contouring Serum Bronzer offers superior pigment that can be used as a bronzer or for contouring. The color is designed to compliment all skin tones. You will love how natural this bronzer is to use, as well as how long it lasts! A little goes a long way.
A weightless and nourishing bronzer is sure to be a pleasure to use.
There you have it, 9 of the best natural and organic bronzers of 2019! I hope you enjoyed this article, if you did, please share it with your friends!
What is your favorite way to use bronzer? If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below! We always answer 🙂