Want to learn how to use tinted moisturizer? See our tips and tricks for a natural, no-makeup look that benefits your skin.
Let’s face it. A mug full of foundation, powder, and contour isn’t all the rage it used to be. Radiance, glow, and creating beautiful skin from the inside-out is the latest approach to makeup.
It’s time to replace heavy, full-coverage, foundation with a lightweight tinted moisturizer that gives you the best of both worlds: makeup and skincare.
Makeup Meets Skincare
It isn’t just the easy application and dewy finish that gets us excited about using a tinted moisturizer. It’s really the fact that skincare and makeup can be applied simultaneously.
As much as I’d liked to think I follow my skincare religiously, there are days I just want to even out my skin tone quickly, pop on a gloss and be out the door.
Using a tinted moisturizer lets me have those express days without compromising my skin’s health.
Depending on which of the Best Organic Tinted Moisturizers you use, on top of getting a fresh coat of natural pigment to even skin tone and texture, you’ll get the added benefits of:
- Anti-aging treatment
- Collagen boost
- Fruit pigments
When you use just concealer and foundation, besides coverage you’re lucky if you get a little SPF thrown in.
Tinted moisturizer is an underrated luxury beauty product that always keeps your skin’s health in mind.
How to Use Tinted Moisturizer
Tinted moisturizer is what you’ll reach for to create an all-natural, glow from within, no-makeup, makeup look. It can replace your foundation, concealer, moisturizer, or be used to spot conceal.
Tinted moisturizer is great when you want to be glam while outdoors in the heat. To create the perfect beachy look, apply tinted moisturizer as your foundation, dust with bronzer, speckle a few fake freckles, and top with mascara and a plumping gloss.
A tinted moisturizer will help combat the drying effects of the sun (or frigid cold) and is comfortable enough to wear in any environment.
Don’t have time to sit in from of your vanity and get caked-out with foundation, concealer, contour, and powder? Tinted moisturizers can be applied quickly. It’s designed to easily absorb into the skin so you don’t have to worry about it looking streaky or patchy.
If you’re just getting into makeup and find that concealer, primers, correctors, and foundation is just way too overwhelming, tinted moisturizer is a great place to start. You can even practice your brushwork by applying it with a dense foundation brush or beauty sponge.
Tips for Applying
Ready to jump into using your new favorite piece of makeup. Here are expert tips to applying tinted moisturizer to create the look you desire.
- To get the greatest amount of coverage use a flat foundation brush to apply
- If applying with fingers use a tapping, circular motion to blend
- Prep and prime skin as you would with your foundation if you want to lock the tinted moisturizer in place
- If the finished look is too dewy for your preference dust finishing powder on targeted areas or the entire face
- Tinted moisturizer isn’t limited to the face. It can be used on the neck, chest, and body
- Tinted moisturizer doesn’t come in a vast array of shades like foundation. Choose your color wisely and test the shade on your face or neck if possible
- Use with other liquid or stick products like contour, bronzer, or blush instead of powder products
- Heals and protects skin while providing coverage
- Saves time and money–applies easier and is more affordable than foundation
- Infused with nutrients and skin promoting oils
- Creates a youthful glow
- Is comfortable to wear and never feels heavy
- Skin always appears soft, supple, smooth, and never cakey
- Removes easily and often requires less makeup removal product or wipes
Dewy vs. Oily
If you have acne or oily-prone skin and are completely repulsed by the idea of using a tinted moisturizer that leaves a dewy finish, just hold the phone for a minute!
Many Organic Tinted Moisturizers are infused with oils, minerals, and skin-healing nutrients that actually help balance your skin’s oil-producing tendencies over time.
Unlike many other makeup products, tinted moisturizer really is for every skin type, tone, shade, and texture.
See the list of our favorite organic tinted moisturizers and get your glow on today!