It was just last weekend. I had a date I was looking forward to and was getting all glammed up. Eyeliner? Check. Blush? Check. Lipstick? Check. Highlighter? Check. Eyeshadow … ?
I paused. How nice it would be today if I had a natural and organic eyeshadow palette to complete the look I’m going for!
As a gal who just simply can’t give up her longing to only put things her body can recognize onto her skin, I gave up with a forlorn sigh. Would’ve been nice …
Granted, I still had a great time on my date! But it would’ve been fun to add a little extra spice in the form of eyeshadow, wouldn’t it have been?!
Thankfully, I don’t have to be disappointed on my next date, because we now have an awesome list of eyeshadow palettes we, here at The Best Organic Skin Care, approved of—and love.
Take a gander and our loved palettes below! If you, like me, are looking for skin-sensitive beauty products, you won’t be disappointed here.
Ingredients to Look for in an Eyeshadow Palette
- Carmine: This red dye may not be vegan friendly since it’s made from the body of insects, but it is safe for those with sensitive skin.
- Iron oxides: Although these are man-made, iron oxides are non-toxic coloring agents and are completely safe for use in makeup.
- Fruit pigments: The less harmful choice of pigmented makeup, fruit pigments are derived naturally from plants as opposed to lab-made colors.
- Mica: Providing a natural shimmer in makeup products, mica is relatively safe for most people. Just make sure to only give yourself a light dusting if you are worried about having a reaction.
Ingredients to Avoid in an Eyeshadow Palette
Take care of your skin by making sure none of these ingredients make it onto the list of your eyeshadow palette:
- Parabens: Known to cause cancer in individuals, it is best to stay away from these guys at all costs. All the below palettes are free of parabens!
- Formaldehyde: Often used as a preservative in makeup, but it is linked to asthma and neurotoxicity.
- Nanoparticles: Beware of ingredients that have “micronized” or “nano-” in the name, as this is a possible sign of nanoparticles. They are easily inhaled, causing respiratory issues in humans and animals.
- Bismuth oxychloride: This skin, lung, and eye irritant may cause a burning sensation or itchiness when in contact with the skin. It is used to create shimmer and to help makeup adhere better to the skin, but it’s not worth the health issues related to it.
The 6 Best Organic Eyeshadow Palettes
For a mix of glimmer and matte finishes, the PYT Beauty No BS Eyeshadow Palette holds up to our organic eyeshadow standards. With eight shades to select from, this palette is perfect for creating confident, sexy, natural looks.
We love how long-lasting the product is: From day to night, you’ll barely notice a budge, and you’ll be sure to find the right shade for whatever time of day you’ll be out and about. The palette fits easily in the hand and contains a mirror within. The deeper shades sit just right on the opaqueness meter, and the more neutral shades can be built up or made more transparent without a hassle.
- Travels easily
- Day-to-night looks
- Glimmer and matte finishes
Where to Shop
Creative and experimental? Looking for an organic eyeshadow palette that doesn’t make you compromise on your artistic license? Aether Beauty offers three eyeshadow palettes, complete with twelve shades per palette, for those of you who like to live a little more colorfully.
The Rose Quartz Crystal Gemstone Palette includes warm neutral tones with a mix of matte, shimmer, and metallic finishes. The Crystal Grid Gemstone Palette offers a mix of cool and warm tones—like gold, moss, and coral—in shimmer and metallic finishes. Finally, the Summer Solstice Palette is a romantic medley of reds, pinks, and neutrals.
If you thought it couldn’t get any better, the shades are made of coconut oil, rosehip seed oil, and shea butter so your eye area stays lovely and nourished.
- Contains moisturizing ingredients
- Vibrant colors
- Very portable
- Expensive for an eyeshadow palette
Where to Shop
The Lily Lolo Eyeshadow Palettes are a mix of timeless shades that create bold, classic looks—think smoky cat eye—or can be used simply to enhance your features in a subtle way. As all three palettes are formulated with jojoba, pomegranate, and argan seed oils, you don’t need to worry about having any contact with harsh chemicals or toxic ingredients.
The names of the palettes are very much aligned with their best purposes: We suggest the Laid Bare palette for more natural looks; the Pedal to the Medal palette for sultry night looks; and the Smoke & Mirrors palette for day-to-night looks that have a nice contrast.
- Versatile palettes for a variety of needs
- Non-comedogenic cosmetics
- Hydrating botanicals in ingredients
- May need to build and/or reapply colors for more opaque looks
Where to Shop
As the name suggests, the Ere Perez Chamomile Eyeshadow Palettes are made with gentle, calming chamomile to replenish the skin surrounding the eyes. That’s one reason to love these palettes; another is because of their flattering, enlivening choices of shades.
These palettes are compromised of Beautiful, Pretty, Lovely, and Gorgeous. For deep brown tones, we suggest going with earthy Gorgeous. Beautiful has brown tones as well, but these contain softer neutrals. Pink and purple tones can be found in Lovely; and you’ll notice lighter, more opaque neutral shades in Pretty.
All palettes contain a great balance of shimmer, matte, and semi-shimmer eyeshadows. Blend the shades to your preference, building them up or keeping them more transparent as you wish.
- Contains calming chamomile
- Lovely blend of neutral, earthy, and pink tones
- Made with gentle ingredients
- Requires a little extra build for bolder looks
Where to Shop
100% Pure offers six eyeshadow palettes—in Pretty Naked, Pretty Naked II, Sex Kitten, Better Naked, Rose Gold, and Mermaid—with multifunctioning shades: In each palette, you’ll not only be able to use the colors as eyeshadows—you’re equally welcomed to use them as blush and/or highlighter, saving you the hassle of needing several products to complete your look!
The palettes include five shades each, and you’ll be able to find one perfectly for your, whether you’re taking a liberal approach to makeup (definitely check out Mermaid) or more of a classic one (we’d suggest Pretty Naked or Pretty Naked II). All products contain nourishing, protective rosehip seed oil, avocado butter, and cocoa seed butter, so your eyelids stay youthful and glowy!
- Pigmented by antioxidant-rich fruits
- Wide range of palettes for a variety of tastes
- Made with nourishing oils
Where to Shop
Highly pigmented, with an impressive range of palettes, the Honeybee Gardens line of eyeshadow palettes is sure to grant you a limitless variety of looks. Whether you’re going for cute or sexy, day or night, bold or subtle, this line of eleven (yes, eleven!) palettes is worth looking into.
Certified vegan, paraben-free, and gluten-free, and created with soothing aloe leaf extract, these eyeshadow palettes will be easy on your eye area—and these colors last. Since the shades are so pigmented, it’s a breeze to go for more glamour and dramatic looks.
- Soothes eye area with aloe leaf extract
- Very impressive range of palettes
- Long-lasting formula
- Quite affordable
- Palettes typically limited to four shades each
Where to Shop
With that, we hope you’ll be able to find an eyeshadow palette that suits your needs, whatever those needs are! With what we’ve researched above, you’ll be able to find something for everything.
We’re proud to say that these eyeshadow palettes include soothing, nourishing, non-toxic ingredients that will appeal to even the most sensitive of skin. You don’t have to worry about your skin breaking out upon application, but still be sure to do a patch test before you go all out.
What are your thoughts on eyeshadow palettes? If you checked the above out, do you have any in mind that you’re compelled to try?
We always love hearing from you! Feel more than free to drop us a line in the comments below, whether it’s a question, comment, query, or even just to say hello!
Thanks for reading and see you again soon here at our blog!