Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Product: KYPRIS Clearing Serum
Price: $62 USD / $80.50 CAD
My rating: 7/10
*there are affiliate links in this post. This product was received as a PR sample. I am completely honest in my reviews.
I was happy to receive a product to review from KYPRIS. They have exceptional products, each one looks like it would be amazing. KYPRIS sent me their clearing serum because I deal with acne. I was excited to give it a try and see if it could calm my breakout skin.
I asked KYPRIS if I could use their product along with the benzoyl peroxide I use to control my acne (believe me, I know I shouldn’t use benzoyl, but I have not found anything else to control my inflammatory acne.) They said I should do a patch test first to make sure they could work together and that I should give the clearing serum a try on its own. So I did. I stopped using the benzoyl and just used the clearing serum twice a day morning and night.
I hoped and prayed that it would work, that I had finally found something natural to clear my skin, but after a week of using it, my pimples were coming back. I went back to the benzoyl.
I think this product would be best for skin types dealing with occasional pimples, but for someone with acne, I don’t think this will cut it.
I love the ingredients in this serum and I use it to support my skin and reduce inflammation, but I don’t rely on it alone to clear my acne.
Scent and Texture:
It smells like a citrus forest, very woodsy. A nice scent. The texture is light, the color is a milky white.
It goes on well, a nice thin consistency is easy to apply and it absorbed well, it didn’t leave a residue. The packaging is a dark blue glass bottle with a dropper, making it easy to apply. You don’t need much, only a few drops to cover your face.
About the Product
Love, water/aqua, zinc acetylmethionate, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Saccharum officinarum (sugar) cane extract, Pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract,Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, Citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract, Camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, linoleamidopropyl phosphatidyl pg-dimonium chloride, capryloyl glycine, sarcosine, Cinnamomum zeylanicum (cinnamon) bark extract, Salix nigra (willowbark) extract, phospholipids, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, Orza sativa (rice) extract, Centella asiatica (gotu kola) leaf extract, Melaleuca quinquenervia (niaouli) leaf oil, Melaleuca alternifolia(tea tree) leaf oil, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil, Citrus hystrix (combava) peel oil, allantoin, sclerotium gum, capryloyl glycine, Lonicera caprifolium(honeysuckle) flower extract, Lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract.
About the Ingredients
- Zinc – Balances sebum production and supports the immune system, helping to reduce inflammation
- Apple Fruit Extract – natural Alpha-Hydroxy Acids to help slough off the first layer of skin and minimize the appearance of old and new blemishes
- Lavender, Niaouli, and Tea Tree essential oils – minimize scars and defend against acne-causing bacteria
- Willow Bark – smooth, heal and restore imbalance, as well as reduce inflammation
- Liposome encapsulated Centella asiatica extract – supports skin’s connective tissue
- Gotu Kola – prevents infection and inhibits scar formation
Most of the ingredients in this serum have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. They are meant to reduce infection, inflammation and pimple formation. They also help heal scarring and discoloration. The AHA’s help digest dead skin cells that build up on the surface of the skin and cause clogged pores.
$62 USD/$80.50 CAD for 50 ml
- GOLD certified by the US Green Business Association
- California Prop 65 Compliant
- a member of LOHASIA
- a member of The Green Spa Network
Did it Clear up my Acne?
No, unfortunately it didn’t. My face was still just as oily, and just as pimply. Maybe I should have given it more time, I only used it a week, but as soon as my zits started coming back, I gave up. I have inflammatory acne, that has not responded to anything other than low-dose benzoyl peroxide.
What are Other People Saying?
There are many great reviews out there of people having their pimples cleared, so it has worked for some. It makes me think I should give this product a longer test run.
There are 20 positive reviews on Amazon with people saying that this product has been a lifesaver for their congested skin. It absorbs quickly and works fast.
Read The Reviews on Amazon
Here is a 2 part Video with founder, Chase Polan:
I love this brand, they have amazing products with amazing ingredients. The packaging is gorgeous and they put a lot of love into what they create. I also received some samples to try, so I am exited about that. I am especially excited to try the Antioxidant Dew, Beauty Elixir, and Moonlight Catalyst.
Update: I have been using this product in conjunction with my facial oil to create a micro-emulsion. I am liking it like that, it is more of a skin support, rather than an all-out acne treatment. KYPRIS makes amazing products, so don’t let my disappointment stop you from trying this serum out.
This serum is excellent for supporting the health of the skin, unfortunately it did not clear my acne.
- exceptional ingredients
- high quality product
- glass packaging with dropper application
- didn’t clear my acne
I gave this serum a 7/10 because I had high hopes that I may see results but I didn’t. It would be nice to try this out on someone who only gets occasional pimples.
I do think this is an exceptional product because of the high-quality ingredients. I will continue to use this in conjunction with my skin care routine as an anti-inflammatory and a skin healer.
September 2016 Update:
Kypris has recently reformulated this serum. The new ingredients are:
Water/Aqua, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Oil, Glycerin, Zinc PCA, Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Sarcosine, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phospholipids, Larrea Tridentata (Chaparral) Extract, Asiaticoside, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Phragmites Communis Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Montmorillonite, Sclerotium Gum, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Phytosterols, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin, Squalane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ceramide NP, Sodium Levulinate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Maltodextrin, Sodium Anisate, Limonene, Linalool
* Quinoa Seed Oil – Essential amino acid-rich plant oil to better nourish compromised skin.
* Lilac Leaf Stem Cells – One of the genius aspects of some plant stem cells is the ability to offer a valuable constituent that is propagated from a single cell. A rich source of verbascoside, the lilac leaf stem cells benefit skin that is break out prone or recovering from break outs, old and new.
* Chaparral – Plant wisdom from a desert shrub that thrives in the most inhospitable environments and lives longer than most plants on earth has some serious botanical smarts to proffer. Wild crafted chaparral was traditionally used as an herbal aid for those suffering from cancer and other inflammatory conditions. It’s viewed ethnobotanically as an ancient antibiotic, and modernity has discovered its lignans to have an antioxidant-like effect, hence its calming benefits to skin.
* Asiaticoside – Instead of using a complete extract of Centella asiatica, Kypris uses the clinically studied, active saponin of the herb: asiaticocide, shown to be even more supportive of skin’s connective tissues.
* Montmorillonite – A fairy dusting of this super soothing clay helps skin to maintain a happy balance of sebum which in turn limits the food supply of undesirable bacteria.
Where Can You Get it?
You can Get this Serum on Amazon <= Free Shipping!
Also available at:
the Detox Market – US Store – Canadian Store
Content Beauty & Wellbeing (worldwide shipping)
Have you tried KYPRIS’ Clearing Serum? Share your story in the comments below!
Yours In Beauty,