Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
You are here because you want to find the best place to buy tamanu oil online. You have probably heard about the benefits of tamanu oil and are wanting to try it for yourself.
Tamanu oil is a carrier oil. Carrier oils are extracted from nuts, seeds and kernels. They are often used to carry essential oils onto the skin. They do not contain volatile oils like essential oils do and often have very faint aromas. They are wonderful used alone or mixed with your favorite essential oil.
- Botanical Name: Calophyllum Inophyllum
- Common Name: Tamanu or Foraha
- Parts Used: Nut Kernels
- Aroma: Strong nutty/earthy odor
- Color: Rich, luxurious dark green
- Absorption:Absorbs into skin at average speed, slight oil feeling left on skin.
Skin Benefits of Tamanu Oil
Tamanu oil is renowned for its ability to promote new tissue formation. It is the best carrier oil for helping to heal scars and stretch marks. Tamanu oil is an excellent wound healer that has anti-fungal and anti-microbial porperties.
- Promote the growth of healthy new skin cells.
- Can help reduce foot and body odor.
- Treat fungal infections (like athlete’s foot).
- Heal chapped lips.
- Helps soften cuticles, calluses and heels.
- Effective on gout and ringworm.
- Can be applied to mucous membrane lesions.
- Has mild pain-relieving properties. Used topically to relieve the pain caused by conditions like sciatica, cold sores, and shingles.
- Promote the healing of burns, blisters, cuts, and scrapes.
- Moisturizes, nourishes and repairs the epidermal cells of dry and damaged skin.
- Can help with acne and acne scars.
Hair Benefits of Tamanu Oil
Tamanu oil benefits the hair with its nourishing fatty acids. It can help keep our hair healthy and looking its best.
- Limits sebum secretion.
- Prevents oily hair.
- Strengthens hair bulbs and follicles.
- Deeply nourishes and regenerates.
- Moisturizes and provides gloss.
- Useful as an overnight oil treatment.
What to look for When Buying Tamanu Oil
Pure tamanu oil is rare and expensive. Twice a year the nuts of the trees are harvested. They must be left to cure for 8 weeks before they will release their oil. The entire annual production of one tamanu tree is only 5 kilograms of cold-pressed tamanu oil.
When buying Tamanu oil, it is important to find oil that is:
- cold processed (using an screw-press)
- yellow to dark green in color
- strong in aroma ( a nutty, woodsy scent)
- thick in consistency
Avoid Tamanu oil that is:
- black in color (is old and oxidized)
- too light in color (may have been mixed with other oils)
- mixed with other oils
Pure Tamanu oil should be a yellow to dark green color and have a strong, but pleasant aroma. The scent is nutty and woodsy and the oil has a thick consistency.
Look for organic and ethically sourced Tamanu oil and remember that you often get what you pay for. High-quality Tamanu oil will be more expensive. Tamanu oil that is cheap will be of inferior quality and therefor, will not have the same healing properties.
Where to Buy Tamanu Oil Online
There are many companies producing tamanu oil and it is easy to be overwhelmed by the amount of choices. I like to shop on Amazon because of the customer reviews and the free shipping, however, the vast selection on Amazon can make it difficult to decide what to buy.
I have spent hours researching the best tamanu oil to buy. I have looked at the best-sellers on Amazon and have read customer reviews. I have gone to the companies websites and researched the brands making these tamanu oils.
Out of all of this research, I have selected a tamanu oil that I believe is worth buying.
PUR 360 Tamanu Oil
Certified organic, cold-pressed tamanu oil with a no-questions-asked money back guarantee. Can't get much better than that.
How do you use tamanu oil?
Yours In Beauty,