Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
You are here because you want to find the best place to buy avocado oil online. This may be because it is not always easy to find avocado oil in your local grocery store, or maybe you enjoy the convenience of shopping from your living room.
I like to do online shopping for things I cannot find locally, but the problem with online shopping, is that there is so much selection. The vast selection can make it hard to come to a purchasing decision.
In this article we will discuss the cosmetic benefits of avocado oil and what you need to know before you buy. I will also recommend my favorite avocado oil for your purchasing convenience.
- Botanical Name: Persea americana
- Common Name: Avocado
- Parts Used: Pulp
- Aroma: Medium. Somewhat sweet, fatty and nutty.
- Color: Deep olive green
- Absorption: A thick oil that leaves a fatty, almost waxy feel on the skin.
Avocado oil works best on very dry, mature, sun damaged, or irritated skin. It is very rich and heavy and is often diluted with other carrier oils to give it a lighter consistency. It is not recommended for people with oily skin.
- Contains antioxidants that help soothe sunburned skin
- Sterolins soften the skin and boost collagen production
- Penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin
- High levels of vitamin E reduce itching and inflammation
- Highly moisturizing
Avocado oil contains monounsaturated fats, which can moisturize and strengthen the hair, improving the way it looks and protecting it from damage.
- Massage onto your scalp to stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles. This allows more nutrients to reach the follicles and stimulates new growth.
- The components of avocado oil (fats, phytosterols, antioxidants and vitamin E) are well absorbed by the scalp and hair shafts.
- Protects hair from the elements.
- Can help unclog blocked follicles, stimulating new hair growth.
- Increases hair shine and strength.
- Useful as a detangler.
What to Look For
When buying avocado oil, you want to look for the words: " cold-pressed" or "extra virgin". This means that the oil has been minimally processed and will retain its highest quality.
Refined or heavily processed avocado oil will not retain the vital nutrients needed for it to be a healthy and healing oil. The less processing an oil has been exposed to, the more antioxidants like vitamin E, lutein and alpha and beta-carotene are likely to be present.
Make sure the oil you purchase is packaged in a dark or opaque bottle. This will keep your oil from degrading due to light exposure. High-quality, minimally-processed avocado oil will have a deep green color.
Avocados are not a heavily pesticide-sprayed crop so you do not have to buy certified organic avocado oil.
Where to Buy Avocado Oil Online
The best place I have found to buy avocado oil online is from Amazon. They have a huge section and great prices.
Because there is such a vast selection on Amazon, I have researched the best one to buy.
Sky Organics Avocado Oil
Cold-pressed, 100% natural avocado oil that is suitable for eating or use on the skin.
How do you use avocado oil?
Yours In Beauty,