Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
If you’re looking to make positive and healthy changes in your life, food and beverages aren’t your only stop. This includes a healthy dose of activity and exercise as well, but it also includes a certain aspect that is often overlooked. Your cosmetic pantry. The skin as your largest organ absorbs practically everything you apply to it, sending it directly to the bloodstream. Logically, this means that if your products contain harmful ingredients, those would enter your body in a 20 seconds time (the time your skin absorbs chemicals) which is no less harmful than eating fast food and drinking sodas every day.
Additionally, let’s not mention the fact that artificial chemicals age your skin faster. Yikes! Who would want that? Certainly not us, which is why, in addition to the 9 Kickass Organic Shaving Products, today I take you on organic aftershave shopping for few more. All of these are pretty awesome, and they differ by smell and texture.
Before we dive into the best after shaving experience, read first to find out what you should keep an eye on when choosing a thing like this. Then, the amazing aftershaves follow.
What to Pay Attention to when Buying an Aftershave
Aftershave’s primary purpose should be the restoration of the moisture of your skin after it has been slightly irritated by the shaving. It should also help soothe and heal the redness and nicks on your skin. As said before, this is best done by using aftershave balms that forego using harsh chemicals and instead use natural ingredients. Because those will help leave your skin feeling soft and smooth whereas harmful chemicals leave your skin dry and flaky.
Though fragrances are usually best avoided, if they come from a natural source then that’s fine. You should also choose aftershaves based on your skin type. For those with normal skin everything works just fine, however, those with sensitive skin must be diligent in checking for any ingredients that may cause irritation. If your skin is dry, look for a balm that emphasizes moisturizing over antiseptic qualities. And for those with oily skin, you’ll want to use a lighter aftershave product. If you need help finding out your skin type, check out our extensive skin type guide here.
Furthermore, as a Pro Tip if you’re looking for an astringent to treat cuts, stick with something like Tea Tree Oil or Peppermint Oil. This will help get rid of any bacteria growth that can potentially get into your pores.
The Best Organic Aftershaves
Your morning espresso isn’t the only place to get a little jolt: Now caffeine, a longtime staple in women’s cosmetics including eye creams and anti-aging lotions, has made its way to the shaving world.
High in antioxidants, vegan, plus a natural reducer of redness, this revitalizing aftershave cream from Pacific Shaving Company keeps skin looking and feeling healthy.
- Antioxidant-rich, naturally-derived caffeine
- Safe and natural ingredients
- Aloe and spearmint
- No synthetic fragrances, no animal testing
- Vegan, paraben-free
- Long-lasting, concentrated formula
This is one of those natural, alcohol-free aftershave lotions that will soothe your face post-shave to prevent irritated skin, bumps, and alleviate redness. People report that this aftershave makes post-shave irritation a thing of the past.
It is lightweight, fast absorbing and suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. Since it’s made to be a fast-absorbing and light men’s aftershave lotion, it is made of naturals that will calm, hydrate, and protect your face and neck, without clogging pores or irritating skin.
- Aloe Vera soothes and repairs the skin after your shave, helping to reduce irritation. Aloe is the ultimate moisturizer.
- Coconut strengthens the underlying skin tissue after the carnage your razor did to it and provides deep moisturizing.
- Hyaluronic Acid rejuvenates the skin with fullness and volume, helping to repair the skin and provide moisture.
This 2-in-1 after-shave elixir will help fend off that dry after-shave feeling you get each morning. Its nature-based ingredients will soothe and heal your face while destroying any potential infections caused by bacteria.
The witch hazel extract in it acts as a mild astringent which will close your pores immediately and get your face back to feeling the way it’s supposed to. Furthermore, the Aloe Vera extract in it will re-hydrate while the calendula extract will soothe any redness on the surface of your skin.
- This is no overpowering cologne, no Eau de toilet, so you won’t be a perfumy cloud walking around.
- Calendula soothes and heals skin. Helpful, if you tend to get that raw feeling after shaving.
- Aloe is great for hydration. Helps your skin feel like skin, and not an old saddle.
- Witch Hazel is a natural astringent that helps close and tighten pores and makes your skin feel cool and refreshed.
- Vetiver is a natural antiseptic that also happens to smell manly.
- Nutmeg soothes the skin and smells pretty good.
- Bentonite Clay holds these great extracts and oils close to your skin so they can do their good work.
This aftershave by Thrive is recommended for dry, oily, and combination skin. While it’s a great aftershave, you can also use it after your shower if you want extra nourishment for your skin.
Since the company is based in Costa Rica, you get nothing but all-natural Costa Rican plant oils that haven’t been contaminated. It is rich in antioxidants which will keep your face youthful, while its subtle natural fragrance will start your day or evening off on the right note.
- Moisturizing – Skin issues caused by stress can also be reduced using this moisturizer as it helps in revitalizing the skin to make it look and feel healthier.
- Healthy – No artificial harmful ingredients have been used in the production of this aftershave lotion. As it doesn’t contain alcohol, it won’t dry up the skin.
- Best at soothing any type of irritations – besides the calming properties, it also combats sun-damaged skin and chapped skin.
- Unique, exclusive ingredients – Thrive’s products contain two exclusive plant-based ingredients: juanilama and fierillo. Juanilama has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-oxidant properties (87% more than vitamin E) that help combat razor burn ingrown hairs, blemishes, and impacts of stress and pollution on the skin.
Fierillo extract has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, skin-healing, and anti-oxidant properties that help promote healthier skin after shaving, exercise, cold weather or stress.
Have I covered all aspects of picking the right aftershave lotion? Feel free to share your experience with us in the comment section below and help others in the quest for the best.
To Your Well-Treated Skin,