Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
No need to spend tons of money each week on spas and facial treatments when you can have your own DIY pampering facial routine in the comfort of your home.
A good facial cleansing practice isn’t complete without the use of a facial steamer since that’s what opens up your pores for you to clean them thoroughly and apply your favorite mask or serum to be absorbed as needed. [Read: Amazing Benefits of a Steam Facial]
Top 5 Best Facial Steamers for Home Use
This being said, here, in today’s list of fives, we picked the most effective facial steamers for that luxury spa feeling while doing the best for your skin.
Read below to learn more about each of these steamers and take your best pick (they are in no particular order).
This steamer will truly make you feel like a queen in your own kingdom.\
You will enjoy using the Kingdom steamer because it is lightweight and has a long cord, making it easy to use wherever you need it.
A one-key operation makes it easy to use.
The Kingdom steamer turns on in less than 30 seconds, and produces a visibly strong nano-ionic steam.
Nanosteamers are the next generation of steamers because they are more effective at opening the pores, penetrating deeply into the skin, cleansing deep layers of skin, and discharging toxins.
- Combines a heating element with ultrasonic vaporizer to produce visibly strong nano steam.
- 90 ML water tank can be used for more than 10-15 minutes spraying.
- Generates full-powered steam in under 30 seconds.
- Uses nano steam
- Easy to maintian
- Small in size
- Long cord
- Two-year warranty
- Comes in multiple colors
- A UV lamp sterilizes steam
- Convenient & user friendly
- BPA free
- Plastic smell for the first few uses but can be remedied by letting it run with a full tank of water with a few drops of lemonade to remove odor from manufacturing.
- Water tank can break easily
Pure Daily Care Nanosteamer
At-home facial beauty is no longer a luxury with this nano-steaming facial steamer by Pure Daily. As we said, nano steam is the better option to a regular steam as it enters the pores quicker and opens them up to purify them completely, keeping your skin moist and shiny.
What’s so different with this steamer than the rest of them out there is that it has 3 different options to choose from – based on your needs.
You can choose, ‘Warm Towel’ setting, ‘Facial Steamer’, and a ‘Humidifier’ option. This lets you regulate the temperature the steamer works on, and allows you to use the steamer as a humidifier. Add essential oils to help purify the air in your home.
The Pure Daily Steamer comes with a set of stainless steel facial cleaning tools so you can get all of the dirt and grime out of your pores.
In the kit, you get 5 different tools for cleaning your nose, your cheeks, the softer and the harder skin areas, and the problematic t-zone, of course. If that isn’t a time-and-money-saving thing, I don’t know what it is!
As an addition, this steamer works perfectly as a sinus purifier, so when you aren’t using it as a pore opener, you can use it as a sinus and airways drainage method.
- 200ml water tank allows for 30 minutes of working time.
- A 5 piece surgical grade stainless steel blackhead and blemish extractor kit is included.
- Precise control knob to easily set your desired setting.
- Powerful humidifier for large rooms.
- Facial steamer, towel warming and humidifier settings.
- Long running time
- Big water tank
- Bonus: 5 surgical grade stainless steel facial cleaning kit
- Sinus purifier
- Silent when ON
- Hard to clean thoroughly
- Expels boiling water droplets when steaming
- Takes longer to heat water
ETTG Spa Facial Steamer
We love this facial steamer by ETTG because it offers two attachments - a gentle exfoliating brush and a sponge for applying moisturizer. So before steaming, you can remove your makeup with the brush, and after the steaming session, you can gently apply moisturizer for maximum absorption.
To maximize safety, it has an integrated timer to be set to customize the length of facial or nasal treatment and an automatic shutdown option. That way, you won't accidentally leave the steamer turned on.
- Safe automatic shutoff and timer.
- Facial or nasal treatment.
- Features a facial tool with gentle exfoliating brush and sponge for applying moisturizer.
- 50 ml tank provides between 10 - 30 mins of mist.
- Comes with two plastic cones. One is narrow and used for sinus treatments, the other is larger and meant to accommodate the entire face.
- Extra attachment parts
- Easy to maintain
- Low cost
- Integrated timer
- Big opening that fits the entire face
- Weak steaming power
- Bad odor from the plastic for the first few uses
OKACHI GLIYA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
The guys at Okachi Gliya really thought of everything when they integrated a scratch-resistant mirror above the steaming spot so you can cleanse your face anywhere, at any time.
Its effectiveness aside, this steamer looks really lux at first sight. The colors blend very nicely, the ON/OFF touch pad gives a special detail to its sleek design, and the light indicator completes its whole lustrous look.
Compared to other steamers, this one has a small water tank of just 80 ml, however, it does give you a full 15-minute treatment.
If the water runs out without you noticing there isn’t a danger of injury or breakage because the machine will automatically shut off and remind you to refill it.
- 80 ml water tank provides a steam that lasts for about 15 minutes.
- Facial steamer will auto shut-off if there is no water in the water supply tank.
- Sleek Design with the single-side mirror (HD scratch resistant).
- The water tank is made of ultra-high grade, durable, heat - resistant and eco-friendly premium material, does not have any plastic smell.
- LED red indicator light.
- High-quality, eco-friendly plastic without any bad odor
- Integrated mirror
- Touch pad, light indicator
- Automatic shut off in case of no water
- Sleek looking design
- More expensive than the rest
- Small water tank
- Short cord
KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
No matter how busy (or moneyless) you are, you no longer have an excuse for not pampering yourself with this nano-ionic steamer that lets you easily perform professional skin care at home.
The Kinga steamer can be used as a normal deep facial steamer or as an indoor humidifier.
This steamer is lightweight and has a carrying handle that can be used even when the water in the steamer is hot. This makes it easy to carry the steamer around as needed.
The Kinga steamer uses negatively-charged ionic particles to unclog your pores and remove dirt and grime.
What’s also great about it is that it comes with a stainless steel kit of 5 pieces that remove all the dirt from your face without you paying an extra dollar for other cleaning tools.
- Generates full-powered steam in under 30 seconds.
- 65 ml tank supports steaming for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Comes with 5 piece stainless steel blackhead and blemish extractor kit.
- Affordable price
- Easy to carry, lightweight
- 3 options to choose from
- Bonus: 5 piece stainless steel cleaning tools
- Great steam volume
- Bad plastic odor for first few uses
- Short cord
- 90 ml water reservoir
- Running time: 8-10 minutes
- 200 ml water reservoir
- Running time: up to 30 minutes
- 50 ml water reservoir
- Running time: 10 - 30 minutes
- 80 ml water reservoir
- Running time: 15 minutes
- 65 ml water reservoir
- Running time: 8 - 10 minutes
Including a facial steamer in your routine will help keep pores clear as well as replenish lost moisture. Your skin will be left with a healthy glow, bringing back years of youthful look within a month or two.
A Note on Plastic Smell
As they are all made of plastic, sometimes a steamer can smell bad.
Before using your steamer for the first time, let it run with a full tank of distilled water and a few drops of lemon. This will remove the odor from manufacturing.
How to Use Your Facial Steamer
It is advised that you remove any makeup residue by using face wipes or an electric brush prior steaming.
The distance between the steamer and the face should be about 7 to 9 inches or 20cm to avoid burning or too much redness.
Distilled water should be used as opposed to tap water, it will give your skin the best results and avoid mineral build-up inside your steamer.
After spending some time in front of the steamer, enough to open your pores, you can use tools for removing the blackheads and dirt from your problematic areas.
Now you can add your favorite cream, mask or serum to nourish your skin. Your pores are open, so what you apply next will be absorbed entirely. Otherwise, just rinse your face with cold water to close your pores back up.
Facial steam treatments should be done no more (or less) than once a week for optimal results.
How do you like to steam your face? Please leave any questions you may have in the comments below, we love to help.
To Your Freshly Steamed Face,