Product: Calm Blend Face & Body Oil By Tamanu Oil Lab
Price: $32 USD/ 30ml
My rating: 10/10
How Long Have I Used the Product? Over 2 weeks
About the Brand
Tamanu Oil Lab has a special place in my life. I am inspired by this company and the passion that radiates from every angle. The lady bringing all this spirit and joy, and the creator of Tamanu Oil Labs is Jeannine. I have had the pleasure of connecting with Jeannine and reviewing her handcrafted oil blends, learning the devotion and esteem that comes with each product and this company.
Tamanu Oil Lab uses only the best quality oil, “from 100+ year old trees that grow near the salty seashore and rely on the proximity of the coral reefs for their nutrition.” They are 100% all natural and certified organic.
The oil from these trees is also sustainably collected by the native people of the islands after they fall off the tree. Thier habitat is not negatively impacted, and neither is the land or surrounding plants during the collection. The natives use the harvesting of the nuts as a source of income. Revenues positively affect the villages of the communities.
The blends are made from a base of Tamanu oil, being the first ingredient listed. This is important to be noted because a lot of skin care companies will use the least expensive oil base in their blends as it is more cost effective, but you really compromise on the products potency and beneficial capability.
My First Impression of the Product
Held in a dark glass bottle is a vibrant green, oil. Tamanu oil is so pleasant to use. The blend I chose is called Calm with Tamanu oil for its base, blended with Rosehip Seed oil and Lavender. My first impression was that of enchantment. This blend has a harmonious energy that comes while using it. I was very satisfied with the application of this oil.
Scent and Texture
The scent is earthy and robust. I can smell the lavender linger after a very unique scent, almost like sweet wood. Completely calming to the system. I always use this blend before bed, or when I feel I need to come back down to Earth. Scent is a very powerful tool. Something we all need to understand with our skin care. It is appropriate to achieve skin health as well as nurture the spirit and our limbic system.
The texture of this oil is soft with a medium to thin consistency. It does not feel greasy or grainy and maintains a smooth distribution.
A very delightful application. I really enjoy using this oil on my face and neck. The application is sleek and almost a bit velvety, keeping in mind there is no residue left behind and the oil is fast to absorb. My skin is very smooth and feels completely hydrated.
This is a very simple but potent blend, with only 3 ingredients, you can feel confident knowing there are no additives or unnecessary by-products.
All 3 of the ingredients are so beneficial for the skin.
- Rosehip Seed oil: This oil has a wide variety of benefits for the skin. It is a very calming oil and will help with age spots, wrinkles, premature aging, sun damage, scars from acne, burns, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, hyperpigmentation, brittle nails, and even dry and damaged hair.
- Tamanu oil: A very calming, healing oil, Tamanu has many benefits to the skin including its natural SPF of 18-22. You can use this oil for UV protection as well as help heal sunburn. Amazing for dry skin and skin that is prone to bacteria causing skin conditions like acne and eczema.
- Lavender oil: Another very versatile oil, great for the skin and the mind. Lavender is a mild sedative that will help calm the nerves and relax the mind. It has the same effect on the skin as a very soothing and healing oil. Anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory and anti-septic. Lavender oil is one of my favorite oils for its long list of benefits.
Who is this product for?
I would recommend this product for all skin types. Especially those who are:
- Prone to sunburn: Because of its natural SPF you can provide a filter from the sun’s rays and protect the skin
- Prone to acne: Tamanu oil is an amazing anti-microbial oil, helping fight infections within the skin.
- Dry, dehydrated skin: Tamanu oil can penetrate all three layers of skin bringing its nourishment deep into the tissue, giving it superior hydration
- Damaged skin; This includes anything from insect bites to flaky, irritated skin, sores and scratches. Tamanu oil stimulates new tissue growth and speeds healing time for otherwise hard to treat skin conditions.
How well does it work?
Tamanu Oil Lab makes an amazing product that is boasting with skin benefits. The ingredients are of the highest quality available and sourced from sustainable practices. Calm Face & Body Oil works wonderfully for the skin. Its nurturing ingredients will soothe and repair damaged skin.
The unique benefit of an oil providing us with a natural SPF is also something to be very excited about. The Sc Glucan found in this oil protects against UV-induced DNA damage and oxidative stress by providing a biological UV filter with an SPF of 18-22.
I have used Calm Face & Body Oil Blend for many different circumstances, I had been badly scratched by a dog and instantly used this blend knowing it was anti-microbial and healing. My skin calmed down and I helped prevent infection as well as helped with the healing of the tissue.
I used it during a bad cold and kept my skin from becoming very red, dry and flaky because I had to blow my nose so much. I loved this because although I had a cold, my skin did not look inflamed or irritated.
I use it before bed as a calming aid as well I know it will nourish and provide support to my skin throughout the night. I always wake up with very smooth, supple skin, with a clear, even complexion.
What are Other People Saying?
Tamanu oil is an incredibly unique oil that has a lot of Scientific backing and research. I would recommend you read our articles:
After using and learning all about Tamanu oil, I have discovered this is an oil I do not want to be without. It is a must have oil for your first aid kit as well as a daily protecting and nourishing oil.
There is no doubt you will love the benefits of this precious, rare oil, and find many reasons to use it. Your whole family can use this gentle oil.
I am very happy to have found a company and wonderful creator (Jeannine) of products I can trust and feel very confident recommending. These oils are made sustainably and continue to provide a lively hood and economical recourse for the local people of the South Pacific Islands where these rare trees grow and are harvested.
Tamanu oil is a very special oil that we are lucky to include in our skincare.
My Rating: 10/10
Where Can You Get it?
You can get your hands on this wonderful blend or browse to pick the right one for you at:
To a Bright and Beautiful you,