Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Neroli essential oil is commonly known as Orange Blossom, Bitter Orange, and Sour Orange. It is a middle note fragrance that has a strong sweet, floral, citrusy aroma.
This oil is extracted by steam distillation of flowers of Neroli (Citrus x Aurantium). Neroli essential oil production requires 1 ton of flowers to produce 1 quart of oil.
Neroli essential oil is a highly revered skin care oil. It is used in facial oils, moisturizers, serums, soaps and massage oils. Neroli oil also has uplifting aromatherapy benefits. In fact, Neroli is one of the most used fragrances in perfumery.
Alpha Pinene, Alpha Terpinene, Beta Pinene, Camphene, Farnesol, Geraniol, Indole Nerol, Linalool, Linalyl Acetate, Methyl Anthranilate, Nerolidol and Neryl Acetate.
Antidepressant, aphrodisiac, antiseptic, bactericidal, cordial, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, disinfectant, antispasmodic, deodorant, digestive, emollient, sedative and tonic substance.
Neroli Essential Oil Skin Benefits
Neroli's relaxing properties work on the skin at a cellular level. It is especially helpful for mature or sensitive skin. This oil has a rejuvenating effect on the skin and stimulates the growth of healthy new cells.
- Tones and tightens skin, useful for wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Improves appearance of blemishes and acne scars.
- Helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
- Useful for spider veins and broken capillaries.
- Balances oil production. Moisturizes dry skin, tames oily skin.
- Increases skin elasticity.
- Regenerates skin cells.
Essential oils don't just benefit the skin, they also have an effect on our emotions. Neroli is calming and soothing. It especially helps with stress from an emotional origin. It is one of the most important aromatics for the treatment of anxiety and depression resulting from anxiety and stress.
- Uplifting, calming and soothing.
- Relieves nervous tension, helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Encourages a restful sleep.
- Mild aphrodisiac, can help ease frigidity.
- Promotes creativity.
- Use Neroli essential oil in a diffuser to encourage a calm, creative environment or to bring on sleep.
- Wear as a perfume at a 5 % dilution (7 drops essential oil to 1 tsp carrier oil).
What is the Best Essential Oil Brand?
We love Rocky Mountain Oils because they offer high-quality, tested oils and great customer service.
Neroli Facial Oil Recipe
This facial oil is good for all skin types and will help reduce the appearance of fine lines. Use it nightly to rejuvenate the skin.
This recipe makes a 1% dilution, perfect for daily skin care use.
- 3 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 5 drops neroli essential oil
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops carrot seed essential oil
Mix everything together into a dark glass dropper bottle and shake well before using.
Nerloi Stretch Mark Oil Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil or fractionated coconut oil
- 2 - 4 drops neroli oil
Mix as needed and apply to growing belly a couple times a day. Can also be used as a massage oil.
How do you use Neroli essential oil? Do you have any recipes to share? Leave a comment below, we love to hear your stories 🙂 If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends!
Yours In Beauty,