When it comes to maintaining beauty and health overall I’m a proponent for the natural, at all times. It is the best for ourselves if we just let our bodies take care of us, while, of course, we make sure we provide our body with what it needs in order to maintain balance for the day-to-day activities and requirements. Which is why I’m a bit skeptical when it comes to supplements or certain kinds of superfoods and all those “health boosters” made artificially. However, it’s a real treat when you get to combine the practical with the useful – meaning, you get a natural (preferably a DIY) thing to support your health with, without the consequences of possible side effects.
So, ladies and gents, if you’re looking for ways to improve the overall health of skin, the quality of your hair and protect them altogether, start taking notes, because I’m about to reveal the amazing benefits of using Rosehip oil. And the best of it all, you’ll learn how to easily prepare some Rosehip goodness at home, so you know exactly what’s inside.
The Miraculous Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is considered to be one of the best carrier oils when it comes to making your own health-nourishing concoctions. This is because of its high antioxidant content as well as the essential fatty acids that your skin requires daily. While antioxidants trap the free radicals that age the skin fast, and even cause cancer, the function of the latter ones is to counteract the drying effects of sun and polluted air exposure and create a protective layer against other external hazards.
See Rosehip oil as the multivitamin of the skin – A (trans-retinoic acid), C, & E, help brighten skin and reduce blemishes and premature aging effects. Furthermore, it contains beta-carotene that nourishes the skin with essential micronutrients to protect skin against damaging environmental aggressors, while the lycopene soothes inflammation and helps protect skin from environmental agents that can contribute to clogged pores and breakouts. It is Lycopene that gives this oil its rich amber color.
And nope, we’re still not done with the goodness of this oil. Namely, its high content in Omega-3, 6, & 9 will help regenerate skin cells, reconstruct damaged skin tissue, hydrate dry skin, and improve the appearance of burns, scars, wrinkles and stretch marks.
Note that the Rosehip oil is a carrier oil that you can apply either separately, on its own, or as part of a recipe paired with other essential oils for a multipurpose use as shown below.
Rosehip Oil Benefits
Before we go to the practical part and create some Rosehip goodness together, I’d like to summarize what is Rosehip best used for and how it nourishes your body overall:
- Scar repair
- Dry, flaky skin, inflamed, problematic skin
- Wrinkles/ fine lines
- Stretch marks
- Nail strength & shine
- Hair strength & shine
In addition, I have compiled several recipes that you can do at home. There’s something for everyone – whether you want to nourish your hair or nails, or treat your skin for a particular issue, or maybe just take care and maintain the quality of those – I got your covered.
Rosehip Acne Treatment
- 1 tablespoon of Radha Beauty Rosehip oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon lavender essential oil
- Pour the rosehip oil, jojoba oil, and the essential oils into a small glass bottle. Shake gently to mix all the oils
- Apply 2 to 3 drops every evening and massage into the skin
Note that this recipe also works for acne scars, and stretch marks.
Rosehip Wrinkle Treatment
- Clean and exfoliate your skin.
- Apply a drop of the mixture into your fingers.
- Gently pat the oil around the eyes, forehead and anywhere you have wrinkles.
Rosehip Scar Treatment
- 2 tsp Rosehip Oil
- 10 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 2-3 drops of another optional essential oil for added fragrance (I love peppermint or any essential oil from a citrus fruit)
- Clean and exfoliate your skin
- Apply a drop of scar treatment into your fingers
- Simply massage few drops into acne scars or damaged areas
Rosehip Hair Treatment
- 2/3 ounce of Jojoba Oil or Argan Oil
- 1/3 ounce of Rosehip Seed Oil
- Add 2-3 drops of Essential Oil for added benefits. Peppermint might be too drying for your scalp, so you can opt for Lavender, Eucalyptus or Rosemary for nice fragrance and added nourishment.
- Mix ingredients until smooth and store in 1 oz. glass bottle. Apply a good amount to your hair and wrap it in a towel for the day if you have the time, maybe overnight, or at least for several hours.
- Pro tip: If you want to use it as mentioned above, as a mask treatment, add Olive Oil to the mixture too, so it’s thicker plus it nourishes the hair too. Otherwise, as a daily moisturizer, you can just apply a few drops to the ends after washing your hair in order to restore shine and protect it from dry air and sun.
Rosehip Overall Skin Nourishing Treatment
- 1 teaspoon of Jojoba Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Rosehip Seed Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Pomegranate Seed Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Evening Primrose Oil
- 20 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Carrot Seed Oil
- 10 drops of Vitamin E oil
- Mix ingredients until smooth and store in 2 oz glass bottle. Apply a good amount of it daily to your face and body and gently massage until absorbed.
Guys, Rosehip oil is as amazing as it sounds. Dermatologists and cosmeticians all recommend it as one of the best all-natural beautifying and healing oils. I’m sure after giving it a try, you will fall in love with it too.
But if you’ve already used it and noticed results, please share your experience with us in the comment section below. Each tip is greatly appreciated.
To Your Nourished Body,