Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Meadowfoam seed oil is a Solution for:
All Skin Types
Meadowfoam seed oil has wonderful moisturizing and rejuvenating properties and is probably the best oil to help prevent moisture loss. This oil naturally helps your skin to form a barrier to lock in moisture and deliver nutrients deep into your epidermis.
About Meadowfoam Seed Oil
Meadowfoam Seed Oil is a waxy oil, similar to Jojoba. It is extracted from the seeds of Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam). It contains over 98% long chain fatty acids, making it extremely stable and highly resistant to oxidation and heat.
Meadowfoam plants are often grown as a rotation crop for grass seed farmers. This eliminates the need to burn the fields in between grass seed plantings, and also provides farmers with additional income.
Meadowfoam seed oil is used in cosmetic products to extend the shelf life of other oils, as well as for its ability to prevent water loss through the skin. Meadowfoam oil has fragrance binding qualities, making it an excellent carrier oil for aromatherapy.
Meadowfoam Seed Oil Skin Benefits
- Half dry, smooth and non-sticky feeling on the skin.
- Long shelf life of up to 2 years
- Binder, helps products retain their scent longer
- Capable of adhering and staying on the skin.
- Slows TEWL (Trans Epidermal Water Loss)
- Forms a protective barrier to prevent excessive evaporation of moisture that leads to dry, cracked skin.
- Contains several powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant substances such as vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Adds stability to beauty formulas containing less stable oils.
- Has good slip
- Perfect choice for salves, balms, and ointments
- Suitable for use in skincare products where moisture and protection are needed.
- Great ability to add shine and moisture, and to repair damaged or cracked hair.
- Excellent to use as a face massage oil because of its ‘non-stickiness’.
- Helps revitalize dry, cracked lips and keeps them moist longer.
Omega Fatty Acids
Meadowfoam seed oil contains a rare blend of fatty acids. Eicosenoic Acid is non-comedogenic (does not block the skin’s pores), it can be readily absorbed by the skin, and it balances the oil in the skin, making it less oily.
Fatty Acid Composition of Meadowfoam Seed Oil:
- cis-5-eicosenoic acid (C20:1, d5) 60 - 65%
- cis-5- and cis-13- docosenoic acid (C22:1, d5 and d13) 13-20%
- cis-5- and cis-13- docosadienoic acid (C22:2; d5 and d13) 14-21%
How to Use Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Apply a few drops to the face for added moisture.
- Use in a facial oil blend.
- Add 2-3 drops to your shampoo or conditioner.
- Add 2-3 drops to any of your skin care products.
- Use it as a bath oil.
- Use as a base for a perfume oil.
- Use as a massage oil.
- Use it as a carrier oil for you skin-enhancing essential oils.
- Add it to your clay masks.
- Use in a beard oil.
Where to Buy Meadowfoam Seed Oil
You can buy meadowfoam seed oil on Amazon.
- If you are in Canada, Health & Beauty Oils Meadowfoam Seed Oil is the one I recommend.
- If you are in the US, Sweet Essentials Organic Meadowfoam Seed Oil is the meadowfoam seed oil I recommend.
If you want to purchase bulk meadowfoam seed oil, From Nature With Love has excellent prices.
Products Containing Meadowfoam Seed OIl:
If you want to try some products containing Meadowfoam, here is a list for you:
- Soapwalla - Resilience Pregnant Belly Oil
- Odacite - An Autumn on the World
- Yarok - Feed Your Curls Defining Creme
- Cultivar - Deeply Nourishing Daily Moisturizer
Meadowfoam seed oil offers exceptional stability to skin care products. It is an excellent moisturizer that protects the skin from drying out and it can help our skin stay soft and youthful. Because it binds scents, it makes a wonderful carrier oil for homemade perfumes and helps other products keep their scents longer.
Try Meadowfoam Seed Oil today!
Are you excited to discover this new oil? If you liked this article, be sure to share it with your friends! Leave your comments and questions below, we always answer.
Yours In Beauty,