Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Hand and Foot Love!
We are on our feet all day long, and we are definitely using our hands just as much. We need to show them a little care. Give them some much deserved love!
We will be looking at some fun facts about our hands and feet and explore the importance of hand and foot care. How do we prolong the life and functionality of these lovely limbs?
It is vital to take time out to pay attention to our bodies needs. Neglect is not an option. So lets get to it, and have some fun!
Fun Foot Facts
- The average person takes 10,000 steps per day. That’s equal to 115,000 miles in a life time, enough to circle the world 4 times.
- There are roughly 250,000 sweat glands on a pair of feet.
- A human foot & ankle is a strong, mechanical structure that contain 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons & ligaments.
- Fingernails and toenails grow faster during warmer months, and pregnancy.
- Women experience more foot problems then men.
So there is no wonder we would want to care for our feet. They need our attention. So how do we care for them? What can we do to prolong the health and happiness of our feet?
Foot Care Tips
- Wash your feet daily. You want to keep your feet clean. Wash them with a mild organic soap. This will prevent stripping the natural oils and lead to dryness. Detergents and harsh chemicals are not welcome on the feet.
- Dry your feet. Drying your feet is an important step, you will not want to skip this. Excess moisture between the toes can promote uncomfortable fungal infections that can result in discolored, thickened toenails.
- Moisturize, with an organic antiseptic and anti fungal cream. Products that contain tea tree oil, peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender are great. Apply and massage into areas that have thickened skin.
- Gently exfoliate corns and calluses. Avoid allowing calluses or thick skin to build up on your feet, as this compromises the skin’s ability to function optimally. Pumice stones can be used to gently smooth corns and calluses after bathing or showering. To avoid damaging the skin, rub gently in one direction.
- Promote blood flow in feet. Use various techniques to promote circulation in your feet:
- When sitting, do not cross your legs, and put your feet up whenever possible.
- Massage your feet to enhance blood flow.
- Engage in moderate physical activity to promote circulation in your feet and throughout your body. Walking, bicycling, and swimming are good forms of exercise that are feet-friendly.
Foot Care Naturally
How do I find the right product?
I will help you find the right foot cream that has the anti properties suggested. You will want to chose a salve like product that will absorb and hold moisture. Allowing the healing properties to work within the skin. Not wearing off or evaporating. We want to heal and nourish our feet 🙂
Feetotherapy Organic Foot Scrub by Thesis
A completely chemical and preservative free foot scrub that includes all the antiseptic and anti fungal ingredients. Containing essential oils of lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus and rosemary. Use this scrub in the shower to clean away bacteria and help fight fungus.
Organic Peppermint Intense Hand & Foot Salve by Bee All Natural
A beautiful, robust salve that will provide peppermint as a healing aid. Helping cure fungus and fight bacteria buildup. Apply to hands & feet just before bed and cover your feet with cotton socks… or anywhere else you need intense healing from dry or cracked skin. A little bit goes a long way!
You can find these products at AbesMarket.com. They have a great selection of organic foot care products.
How About Our Hands?
Our hands have a totally unique DNA imprint that is different in every single human being. A most amazing thing. We use our hands and imprint others by their actions everyday. Caring and loving for your hands will help develop an appreciation for these perfect pointers.
Fun Hand Facts
- One-fourth of our motor cortex in the human brain, whose area controls all movement of the body, is spent on muscles in the hands.
- The Hand has been used as a symbol of protection since ancient times. How sweet 🙂
- Hands are responsible for 99.9% of your daily life actions. There is not a single moment while awake, when your hands are not in use.
- Hands allow us to control and and grip objects. The opposable thumb is in part responsible for our survival.
- Our hands are also responsible for the spread of germs. Keep them clean!
- There are 29 major and minor bones (some people have a few more) with 29 major joints. At least 123 ligaments. 34 muscles are in charge of moving the fingers and thumb: 17 in the palm of the hand, and 18 in the forearm. 48 named nerves: 3 major nerves, 24 named sensory branches, 21 named muscular branches. 30 arteries and nearly as many smaller branches are named. WOW!
“In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God’s existence.” – Sir Isaac Newton
Hand Care Naturally
How do I find the right products?
So what do our hands need? Our hands need moisture and cleanliness, Just the same as all skin. They also need blood flow and circulation. I will show you a few products that can help achieve this.
Lavender Hand Cream by HollyBeth Organics
All the yummies, including Vit E and lavender, Sweet almond oil works hard at nourishing the skin. A thick salve that will protect your hands and keep them soft. Massage the salve to increase blood flow and circulation. Lavender scent will calm and embrace the spirit.
Lavender Honey Hard Lotion by Great Marsh Artisan Skincare
I really like this product. It is easy to carry and use on the kids. Helps with itch dry hands and eczema. Honey is an amazing ingredient, working to engage the skins functional ability. Melting on contact, it applies easily to the hands.
Adding organic hand and foot care products is one way to care for them.
You also need to stay hydrated, and be sure you are getting the minerals and vitamins your body needs. This will help prevent problems in the hands and feet. Care for them. Give them some of your attention.
Next time you are relaxing and watching a video use a delicious salve and massage your hands and feet. The endorphins and reflexes will also benefit your well being.
You can get your own Yummy salves at AbesMarket.com
Happy Hands and Happy Feet!
To a bright and beautiful you,