Rosacea can be a troubling skin condition. Your skin is irritated, and you want relief. You want to find products that will soothe your skin, rather than lead to more irritation.
In addition to avoiding triggers that may cause a flare-up, using natural oils can help soothe your skin. Emu oil is excellent for rosacea because it is soothing, hydrating and anti-inflammatory.
Using a moisturizer is important when you have rosacea, as it helps prevent burning, stinging and itching. You must build a strong moisture barrier that keeps out potential irritants and impurities. You want products that are going to calm and soothe the skin, products that will reduce redness and irritation.
Emu Oil for Rosacea
Emu oil is great for rosacea because it adds moisture to the skin, while also calming irritation. Emu oil goes deep into the cellular level of the skin, without irritating sensitive tissue. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent and wound healer, and it does not clog pores.
Emu oil is safe and doesn’t contain irritating chemicals. When you have a skin condition like rosacea, the last thing you want to do is put a bunch of toxins on your skin.
Emu Oil’s Unique Qualities
Emu oil is very similar in composition to the oils in human skin, this is probably why Emu Oil works so well at helping our skin be at its healthiest.
Emu Oil has amazing skin penetration abilities, this is because:
- Emu oil is almost 100% triglyceride lipid, which is very similar to our own skin’s fatty acids.
- Emu oil is totally absent of phospholipids, compounds that cling to the skin’s outermost layers.
Emu oil contains:
- Oleic Acid – an essential fatty acid that penetrates the skin and offers hydration.
- Linoleic Acid – anti-inflammatory and regenerates cells.
- Vitamin A – antioxidant, helps counter damage done by the elements.
- Terpines – antiseptic properties.
- Sapogens – act as skin softeners.
Emu oil is a gentle skin oil that protects and repairs the skin’s moisture barrier, it has anti-aging properties because it hydrates, lubricates, and replenishes the skin, thus reducing flaking and thinning of the skin.
Fatty Acids in Emu Oil
The fatty acid composition of Emu oil is very close to that of human skin.
- Myrisitic – 0.4%
- Palmetic – 22%
- Stearic – 9.6%
- Palmitoleic – 3.5%
- Oleic – 47.4%
- Linoleic – 15.2%
- Linolenic – 0.9%
- Myrisitic – 2.1%
- Palmetic – 20.2%
- Stearic – 11.2%
- Palmitoleic – 3.8%
- Oleic – 30.8%
- Linoleic – 15.1%
- Linolenic – 0.3%
How to Use Emu Oil
For rosacea, emu oil is to be applied after the skin has been cleansed with a gentle cleanser. The oil is applied 3 times a day.
You only need a small amount of oil, if you find your skin feels greasy you have used too much. Reduce the amount you use next time.
Buying Emu Oil
High-quality Emu oil can be hard to find. Like many potent oils in the beauty world, Emu oil is subject to companies cutting corners. Low-quality oils can be mixed with Emu oil, or processing methods can be damaging to the integrity of the oil. When buying Emu oil, remember:
- Emu oil should be refined. The refining process removes any potential contaminants such as bacteria or heavy metals.
- Look for Grade A, fully-refined Emu oil.
- The American Emu Association (AEA) sets guidelines for high-quality Emu oil, look for their seal of approval on the bottle.
- A good Emu oil company will provide a money-back guarantee.
OOROOBA Emu oil meets all of the above criteria for being a top of the line Emu oil. It is AEA certified, fully refined and comes with a 1-year money-back guarantee. Learn more by going to Amazon.com.
Emu oil can be an excellent addition to a Rosacea treatment. It is an anti-inflammatory, ultra-potent moisturizer that will help with your skin condition.
Try it out for yourself and let me know how it works!
Yours In Beauty,