Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Simple DIY Gift Idea For Fathers Day
Fathers Day is just around the corner, and if you are anything like me, making a thoughtful gift is the best way to say I love you.
Even if you are leaving your gift last minute, we have a simple DIY Cologne recipe that can be put together in 3 short steps.
Dads Like To Smell Nice Too!
We often do not think that our dads like to put a little pampering in their routine too, but men like to indulge in scent and self-care sometimes just as much as the ladies. The scent of this cologne is manly, earthy and a bit rugged. There is no confusion that this aroma is created specifically for a man.
Benefits of DIY Cologne:
- Cost effective: An important benefit to consider is the cost difference in buying cologne vs. making your own. Cologne is fairly expensive. You can dramatically cut costs by blending your own aromatic formula.
- Customize: This is my favorite part about DIY cologne. You can customize your blend. Essential oils not only smell amazing, but they also have an effect on the nervous system, In particular, using Patchouli in your cologne blend can alleviate anxiety before a work presentation or curve tension.
- Avoid unknown ingredients: Most colognes from the department store contain a long list of ingredients with known irritants. In fact, most of our care products have toxins that are much safer to avoid. When you make your own cologne, you have control over exactly what ingredients go into your blend. This is especially great if you are very sensitive to products.
Aromatic Musk Cologne Recipe
The most important consideration when making this cologne is to use top quality essential oils. You can not use fragrance or scented oils because they will not last or produce the aroma you want.
If you are unfamiliar with high-quality essential oils, we recommend you use Rocky Mountain Oils. This is our number one trusted oil company that guarantees safe and pure therapeutic essential oils.
Supplies you need:
- 50 ml dark glass bottle( preferably a spray bottle or roll on)
- 2 Tbsp 100 proof Vodka
- 1 Tbsp distilled water
*NOTE: It's very important that you use 100 proof Vodka and distilled water, this will make a big difference in the quality of your cologne. The oils will blend properly and create the magical aroma you want.
Essential oils you need:
Benefits of These Essential Oils
- Lime: This oil is a top note with a fruity, citrus aroma. It is refreshing for the mind and uplifting for the mood. Lime is a quick-pick-me-up, stimulating oil.
- Patchouli: A medium-strength rich, herbaceous, earthy-sweet aroma, Patchouli oil helps reduce tension, insomnia, and anxiety while uplifting the mind.
- Fennel: Fennel Seed is a medium-strength oil with a sweet, earthy, and slightly peppery aroma. Fennel Seed oil helps inspire clear thinking and may allow a person connect to their inner wisdom, courage, and strength.
- Add your 100 proof Vodka and your distilled water to your 50ml bottle leaving a quarter of space.
- Add your essential oils one by one.
- Gently roll your bottle in the palm of your hands to blend.
This blend smells amazing. I recommend leaving it overnight to become more synergized with the other oils. The scent becomes a little stronger.
You can get creative with the bottle you choose or make a label to customize your cologne.
Where to Buy Your Quality Oils
As we mentioned above, to achieve all the benefits of your cologne you will want to use therapeutic grade essential oils.
Or learn more about Rocky Mountain Oils in our Article:
We know your dad will enjoy this thoughtful, DIY Fathers Day gift. Aromas are something very special that are wonderful to share.