Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Want to have more control over the health of your hair? Add our DIY dazzling hair spritzer into your daily routine, and fiercely improve the quality of your hair.
This simple, nutrient rich hair spritzer will give you manageable, salon-worthy hair that is full of life!
What is a Hair Spritzer?
A hair spritzer is a mixture of water and essential oils, put into a spray bottle. It is a product that is meant to add shine, luster, and manageability to your hair.
What Can a Hair Spritzer do for my Hair?
- Help bring hydration to dry hair and scalp: When our hair and scalp are dry, the hair can be very unmanageable, it becomes frizzy, and is more susceptible to damage the longer it stays dehydrated.
- Helps manage scalp dandruff or psoriasis: Adding nutrients to the scalp will help fight dandruff and psoriasis type problems.
- Will not weigh down your hair like conditioners can do: Many conditioners will weigh down the hair, taking away volume and creating a drab look to your locks.
- Adds shine and luster to dull hair: Essential oils are fantastic when the hair needs luster. They work deep into the protein of the hair strands conditioning and creating a vibrant shine.
- Naturally detangles the hair resulting in less breakage: Hair that is easy to brush and comb will help prevent breakage and split ends, helping prolong the health of your hair.
- Adds a beautiful scent to your hair: We are thrilled by particular scents, when our hair smells great, we feel great. This is thanks to the power of essential oils and aromatherapy.
A Little About How Aromatherapy Works
Aromatherapy has a powerful effect on our emotional state. A particular scent can trigger memories and create new ones. Certain aromas can uplift the mood, stimulate energy, calm nerves and promote a well-being in the mind.
Watch the video for more information on aromatherapy and how it works.
DIY Essential Oil Hair Spritzer Recipe
This simple DIY hair spritzer is easy and affordable to make. With only 3 ingredients you can get started right away.
- 20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil ( get my fav brand here)
- 12 drops Geranium Essential Oil (source it here)
- 8 oz Distilled Water
- 8 oz Spray Bottle (I like these ones on Amazon)
Drop the essential oils into the spray bottle first, then add the water until it is full. Place spray lid on the bottle and shake lightly before each use.
How to Use Your Hair Spritzer
Spritz from root to tips on wet or dry hair. The following blend works beautifully when sprayed on damp hair then blow dried. You will achieve a lustrous shine, with hair full of volume.
Hair Benefits of Tea Tree and Geranium
Tea Tree Hair Benefits:
- Can help encourage hair growth by unclogging hair follicles and nourishing the roots.
- Dandruff clogs pores and tea tree helps clear dandruff away, while reducing itchiness and inflammation that can cause hair to fall out.
- Increases blood flow to the scalp.
- Fights bacteria.
Geranium Hair Benefits:
- Helps eliminate dead skin cells.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-septic.
- Nourishes the scalp and enhances circulation.
- Balances the production of sebum.
Where to Source your Essential Oils
If you are like me, you want to spend your money on high quality oils and you don't want to get ripped off.
I have spent years trying various essential oil companies and researching new ones. Over that time I have found a brand I can consistently trust - that brand is Rocky Mountain Oils.
You can read more about why they are my favorite essential oil brand.
With a beautiful, simple recipe, there is nothing stopping you from adding a variety of benefits to you hair.
Geranium and Tea tree oil are leading essential oils in hair care, both boasting all the benefits listed above. Healthy, manageable hair is at your finger tips!
Don't let your friends struggle with drab hair, Share and comment below!