Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Chia seed oil is obtained from chia seeds and is full of antioxidants such as polyphenols and carotenoids that can treat your skin, hair, nails and even lips!
Chia seeds deliver amazing health benefits both on the inside and out. A few include but are not limited to lower cholesterol, increased brain function, and younger looking skin.
Chia Seed is a Solution for:
ALL SKIN TYPES
About CHIA SEED OIL
- Chia seed oil contains Vitamin B3 and Zinc, which are exceptional for treating oily skin and clogged pores.
- At the same time, dehydrated and irritated skin can also benefit from the high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Studies have shown that the antioxidants in chia seed oil are even more intense than Vitamin C and E.
CHIA SEED OIL Skincare Benefits
- Hydrates skin.
- Temporarily soothes itchy dry skin.
- Decreased the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Plumps the skin.
- Thickens and moisturizes hair.
- Quickly absorbs into the skin.
- Healthy to ingest and apply topically
- An excellent substitute for cooking oil.
- Has a long shelf live.
- Treats dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Prevents scaring.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Treats enlarged pores.
- Calms and acne.
- Antioxidants in chia seed oil work with the skin and hair to help slow down the aging process.
- By incorporating chia seed oil into your routine at an early age, you can prevent the aging process before it even begins.
Fatty Acid Composition OF CHIA SEED OIL
- Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids: up to 65%
- Stearic Acid: 3.45%
- Oleic Acid: 8.73%
- Linoleic Acid: 20.77%
- Alpha Linolenic Acid: 58.99%
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids: up to 21%
- Chia seed oil is every DIY lover’s dream since it can be mixed into any face, body or hair cream.
- Chia seed oil bought on its own is very affordable and can be dropped into any cosmetic product you already own to intensify the effects.
- As if reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles isn’t good enough, the copper in chia seed oil can strengthen, shine and prevent grey hairs.
- Chia seed oil can be placed in the hair alone, or mixed into any hair mask you already own.
- Mixing a little bit of chia seed oil into any affordable hair mask is a fabulous DIY trick to get top results for less money.
- Feel free to get creative and mix chia seed oil into shampoo, conditioner, hair masks or hair oils.
How to Use CHIA SEED OIL
- Apply directly to the nails or mix in with your favorite cuticle oil.
- Mix a few drops into your face cream or serum for added benefits.
- Apply as needed to the scalp to prevent dryness
- Sparingly mix into your favorite lip balm or apply alone.
- Apply alone or mix into your favorite hair mask for an intense treatment.
Where to Buy CHIA SEED OIL
Look for cold-pressed chia seed oil. Organic Chia Seed Oil by Botanical Beauty is the product we recommend checking out.
ORGANIC CHIA SEED OIL
This oil is excellent for topical use to treat scars, rashes and cracked skin.
Products Containing CHIA SEED OIL
For those who don’t want to mix chia seed oil into your products, here is a short list of some great products that already contain chia seed oil.
- Skin & Tonic – Brit Beauty Oil
- Graydon – Superfood Serum
- Maya Chia – The Super Couple, Ultra Luxe Face Oil Serum
- Maya Chia – The Revitalizer Beautifying Supercritical Body Oil
If you are on the hunt for a product that is excellent for all skin types, combats fine lines and wrinkles and contains healthy ingredients we recommend incorporating chia seed oil into your beauty routine.
Have you ever used Chia seed oil? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments below.
All the Best, Jaclyn