Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
If you are looking for something to reduce wrinkles, look no further than these three top organic wrinkle treatments. If you are like me, you want to find products that work, products that will do what they claim to do. We have spent hours reading and researching to bring you the top three organic wrinkle creams on the market today.
In this article you will learn:
- Do Wrinkle Creams Work?
- The Best Anti-Aging Ingredients
- What is Better: Isolated or Whole Plant Ingredients?
- Our Pick for the Top 3 Organic Wrinkle Creams
Do Organic Wrinkle Creams Work?
Wrinkle cream ingredients diminish the signs of aging by:
- Stimulating collagen production, leading to firmer skin.
- Hydrating and plumping the skin so that wrinkles are less visible.
- Delivering antioxidants that can reduce and repair sun damage.
When you take care of your skin and use a product containing potent antioxidants, your deep lines can look less noticeable. When your skin looks healthy and moisturized, lines are not as pronounced. When your skin is dry and flaky, lines are accentuated.
With consistent use of anti-aging creams and oils, your skin will not produce as many new wrinkles or fine lines. You will notice that you look younger than your friends who don’t use nourishing facial products.
While we can’t stop the clock entirely, we can keep our skin nourished and hydrated so that it ages less quickly. We can prevent sun damage and the discoloration that comes with it; we can slow line development by keeping our skin hydrated.
If we use products that stimulate collagen production, we can keep our skin looking firmer and fuller. If we use potent antioxidants, we can prevent and repair damage from the elements.
The creams I recommend will nourish your skin; they will keep it looking the brightest and firmest that it can – they will help you age gracefully.
What Are the Best Anti-Aging Ingredients?
For daily use, the best natural anti-aging ingredients are:
- Vitamin C – stimulates collagen production (source), reduces hyper-pigmentation (source) and fights free radicals.
- Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant (source) that protects and repairs the skin and also stimulates collagen production. Many plant oils and plant butters are high in vitamin E.
- Carotenoids and Carotenes – precursors of Vitamin A that have been shown to change to Vitamin A (retinol) on the skin when applied topically (source). Vitamin A is one of the most potent anti-aging vitamins known. It increases collagen production, help fade sun spots, and research is showing it may help build elastin.
- Other Antioxidants -flavonoids (flavones, isoflavones, flavanones, anthocyanins and catechins), polyphenols (ellagic acid, gallic acid, and tannins). Antioxidants repair and prevent damage to the cells in the skin.
- Peptides - The building blocks of proteins. Can help skin stay firmer and younger looking (source).
- Hyaluronic Acid – a powerful humectant (aka moisture-binding ingredient) that keeps skin plump and hydrated.
Isolated or Whole Ingredients?
There are two different groups of organic, anti-aging products:
- Those that use, isolated or lab-synthesized ingredients such as vitamin C from ascorbic acid, peptides like Maxitryl, and synthetic retinol. The effects of these isolated compounds can be studied, and a high level of control over quality and quantity is easy to achieve.
- Those that utilize whole plant extracts, the plants are providing the vitamin C, peptides or retinol. The plant’s medicine is left in a whole state, with its qualities thoroughly infused into oil or alcohol
Which is better?
A mixture of isolated compounds and whole plants will give you the best of both worlds. Plants can provide an excellent range of vitamins and antioxidants, while a few isolated ingredients can work at targeting your skin concern.
The Best Organic Wrinkle Creams
My top organic wrinkle cream choices are all from the same company:
Eminence makes the best organic cream moisturizers I have found. Their ingredients are natural and non-toxic, their ethics are in line with environmental stewardship, and customer service is a top priority.
Eminence Organic creams contain potent whole plant ingredients as well as added vitamins and antioxidants. The creams radiate luxurious scents and offer a perfect balance of hydration and absorption.
Top Three Picks
All Skin Types
Arctic Berry Peptide Radiance Cream
Monoi Age Corrective Night Cream
Sugar Plum Oil-Free Revitalizer
Eminence Arctic Berry Peptide Radiance Cream
Arctic Berry Peptide Radiance Cream uses botanically-sourced oligopeptide from hibiscus seed which relaxes the facial muscles, causing a Botox-like effect and is clinically proven to improve the appearance of fine lines by 40%, increase collagen production by 30% and decrease wrinkle depth by 26%.
The Peptide Illuminating Complex is an anti-aging complex high in antioxidants from hibiscus seed botanical peptides, gardenia stem cells, and yellow plum extract. Gotu-Kola Stem Cells are an anti-aging powerhouse that is high in antioxidants, improves hydration levels and is deeply firming to improve skin tone and elasticity.
This moisturizer is suitable for all skin types; it is lightweight but very moisturizing. It absorbs well, doesn’t leave a greasy feel and it smells divine. A little goes a long way and you will see a difference in as little as 2 weeks.
Eminence Monoi Age Corrective Night Cream
Nourish and replenish your skin’s appearance overnight with this deeply hydrating cream. The pleasant scent of Monoi and Eminence’s exclusive Anti-Aging Stem Cell Complex leaves the skin appearing finer, smoother and more youthful. Winner of Best Night Cream, Earth Day Beauty Awards, Healing Lifestyles & Spas, 2015
This is a robust and thick moisturizer, but it absorbs well and doesn’t leave a greasy feel. The scent is tropical and relaxing. Wake up to firmer, brighter and younger-looking skin with the Monoi Age Corrective Night Cream.
Sugar Plum Oil-Free Revitalizer
Plums, green tea extracts, and rosehips gently hydrate and normalize the skin’s appearance.
The Sugar Plum Oil-Free Revitalizer reduces the appearance of visible signs of aging while normalizing the appearance of breakouts or uneven skin tones. Plus, it will leave your skin with a lovely, velvety finish.
- Plum Nectar: high in phyto-nutrients
- Sage: tones the skin’s appearance
- Watercress: hydrates and supports without oil
- Green Tea: high in antioxidants, polyphenols, flavonoids, and vitamins; rejuvenating for the appearance of skin
- Rosehip: high quantities of vitamins to hydrate and improve the appearance of skin
- BioComplex™: a booster of antioxidants, vitamins, Coenzyme Q10, and Alpha Lipoic Acid to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the appearance of skin
There you have it! Our top three organic wrinkle creams. Eminence offers a wide selection of moisturizers for a variety of skin types and concerns. Let us know in the comments If you don't think one of the above will work for you and we can recommend another one!
What is your anti-aging routine?
Yours In Beauty,