Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Are you looking for a non-toxic cream eyeshadow? We've got you covered. In this article, we will share with you the top organic cream eyeshadows.
Why Cream Eyeshadows?
- Velvety finish
- Moisturize the eye area
- Can be applied with a brush or fingers
- Last all day
- Extremely pigmented
- Can often be used without a primer
- Versatile. Can be used as a base, primer, all-over shadow, liner, or brow filler
- Fast and easy to apply
- Blend-able and build-able coverage
Ingredients to Avoid
To understand how to choose a non-toxic eyeshadow, we need to know what ingredients to avoid.
- Synthetic dyes and fragrances
The Best Organic Cream Eyeshadows
Rituel de Fille Ash & Ember Eye Soot - Best for All Day Wear
Every Rituel de Fille product is obsessively formulated in-house with the smallest number of ingredients possible.
This cream eyeshadow is unique in the fact that it does not contain any waxes, like many cream eyeshadows do. The base of these eyeshadows is castor oil. I love that these eyeshadows will last all day without creasing.
The texture is beautiful and the colors are so pretty. Every review I have read about this product has been positive.
- Handcrafted without parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes or synthetic fragrances
- Free of waxes to avoid melting with the warmth of your skin
- Intense color that lasts all day
- Highly resistant to creasing and fading
- Suitable for all skin types
- Easy to apply and easy to blend
- Most of the colors are vegan
- One pot will last you a long time
- None, this stuff is amazing!
100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Satin Eyeshadow - Best for Vegans
The base of these cream eyeshadows is avocado butter. Avocado butter is super nourishing to the skin. The pigments are derived from fruit sources, so there are no mineral pigments (except for mica).
- Smooth, velvety finish
- Leaves your eyelids soft, moisturized and nourished
- Free of chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemicals
- Colored with the pigments from antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables
- Subtle shimmer
- The pot will last you a long time
- Limited color selection
- Some people find that it creases by mid-day
- Colors are not very dark
RMS Beauty Eye Polish - Best for Dry or Aging Eyes
A favorite among natural beauty enthusiasts, RMS Beauty Eye Polish is meant to moisturize the eye area and add a pop of luminous color meant to make the eyes look young.
A base of coconut oil, beeswax, and jojoba oil give this cream eyeshadow excellent spread-ability without a sticky or heavy feeling.
- Subtle and natural shimmer
- Sheer, metallic hues
- Nourishing ingredients that moisturize the eye area
- Fantastic for dry or aging eyes
- A little goes a long way
- Perfect for the modern no-make-up look
- Won't irritate your eyes
- Made with certified organic ingredients
- Some people find the colors too light
- May crease on eyes prone to creasing
- May need use a primer
- Some people find the eyeshadow melts off
Au Naturale Creme de la Creme Eyeshadow - Best Cream Stick
I have used Au Naturale's mineral eyeshadows and now I need to try out the cream sticks. These eyeshadows use meadowfoam seed oil, candelilla wax, and castor seed oil as a base for their mineral pigments.
- Formulated without animal bi-products, synthetic preservatives, nano particles, gluten, parabens, fillers, dyes or toxins
- Hand-crafted in the USA
- Subtle shimmer
- Unique color selection
- Lasts all day
- Use as a stand-alone shadow, eye liner, or brow filler
- Vegan colors
- Some people find they aren't pigmented enough
Do you have any other brands to share? Let us know in the comments what your favorite cream eyeshadow is.