Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Organic and natural body care is on the rise. More people are wanting to take care of their skin without the use of toxic chemicals and fragrances. Organic body oils are a great way to keep your skin nourished and hydrated, without the use of phtalales, parabens or other nasty toxins.
We have compiled a list for you of the best organic and natural body oils. We know you will enjoy them. We have included a luxury buy and a budget buy for our recommended products, to suit different budgets.
Types of Body Oils
A body oil can be made from a single carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or coconut oil. Or it can be made from a blend of oils including carrier oils and essential oils.
If you want to keep your skin care really affordable and simple, stick to a single oil. If you want a more luxurious experience, use a body oil blend with essential oils.
Already blended body oils are a delight to use because they offer an aromatic experience, however they tend to be more expensive than single body oils.
Why Use a Body Oil?
- Body oils help provide moisture and protection for the skin. They guard the skin from water loss and protect against the elements.
- Body oils don't need to be preserved like body lotions do, so the formulas are often more simple and free of synthetic preservatives.
- Use a body oil to moisturize your skin and give it a boost of antioxidants that help it fight the signs of aging.
How to Use Body Oil
When you step out of the shower and your skin is still damp, apply your oil. (It takes some getting used to, I know). The water will help the oil disperse and absorb better into your skin. The oil will also trap the moisture from the water, eliminating the need for body lotion.
Best Carrier Oils to Use as Body Oil - Organized by Skin Type
The best oils for the body offer hydration without being too greasy. No one likes to feel like they stepped out of a deep fryer! The best quality oils are those that have been cold-pressed to retain their nutrients. Organically grown plant oils are preferred, but aren't always available.
- All Skin Types - I love sunflower seed oil for it's light texture and high absorption. Deeply nourishing and conditioning for the skin.
- Dry Skin - Apricot kernel oil contains high amounts of vitamins that are great at hydrating the skin and fighting free radicals. A good ratio of omega fatty acids nourish the skin. This oil has a low viscosity and good absorption.
- Oily/Combination Skin - Grapeseed oil is a non-allergenic, astringent oil that works wonderfully on oily skin. Easily absorbed and very thin. Helps retain moisture without clogging pores.
- Very Dry Skin - Avocado oil is a thicker oil that can be a bit on the greasy side, but if you apply to wet skin and rub in well, you shouldn't feel too slick. Avocado oil is excellent for skin that is really dry, irritated or itchy.
What to Look for in a Body Oil
- Pump packaging
- Dark glass
- Cold-pressed oils
- Pure essential oils
- A short ingredients list
What to Avoid in Body Oil
- Synthetic fragrance
- Mineral oil
- Synthetic preservatives
The Best Organic and Natural Body Oils for Your Skin Type
With so many choices of body oils, it is easy to get overwhelmed.
The best body oil blends are those made with all natural, cold-pressed vegetable and seed oils and pure essential oils for their fragrance. They are packaged in dark glass to retain their freshness. Synthetic fragrances are to be avoided, as are silicones and synthetic preservatives.
Below are our recommendations based on skin type.
Body Oils for Normal or Dry Skin
Ten of the most beneficial oils for the skin combine to relieve dryness, improve skin elasticity, and stimulate blood circulation needed for healing the skin.
Non-greasy and quick absorbing with a deliciously fruity and warm scent.
A luxurious, full-body treatment that renews and nourishes skin with precious ingredients, leaving it healthy and radiant.
Natural and fast-absorbing, Wild Rose Body Oil is like a bouquet for your skin, wrapping you in the beautiful essence of pure organic roses.
Body Oils for Oily or Congested Skin
Fast-absorbing, nourishing and luxurious. A combination of grape seed, supercritical chia, marula, baobab, pomegranate, cranberry, and pumpkin seed oil provides everything you need for beautiful skin.
Reduce the degeneration of skin cells while promoting smooth, supple skin. Scented with pure Ginger, Citrus and Lemongrass, this body oil effortlessly soaks into the skin.
Body Oils for Aging Skin
A luxurious concoction infused with potent, revitalizing oils which return suppleness and youthful glow to dull, tired skin. Scented with a blend of the finest floral/woody essential oils to support mind and body regeneration.
Intensive, nourishing moisturizer that soaks deeply into skin to restore its vitality with essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
Indulge your skin after a shower or bath with this fast-absorbing body moisturizer that locks in hydration and firms skin for timeless beauty.
We hope you enjoyed this article on the best body oils. If you did, be sure to Share it with your friends! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below, we always answer.