Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
It’s challenging to find a natural hair spray that provides all the same tricks as a conventional one—isn’t it? Luckily for you, we’ve done the heavy-lifting and compiled a list of non-toxic hair sprays we’d recommend to our dearest friends.
No more do you need to scour the ends of the Net to find your ideal all-natural hair spray! We’re confident that you’ll find something this list that delights even the most skeptical of individuals.
What You Need in a Natural Hair Spray
- Aloe vera promotes hair growth and calms and hydrates the hair and scalp. It can treat a variety of scalp issues, such as dandruff and irritation.
- Have you heard of humectants before? If not, they are substances that can bind water to themselves, meaning they are great as moisturizers! One such humectant is vegetable glycerin, and it can be found in a number of natural hair sprays.
- Tea tree oil not only smells lovely, but it’s also an antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic remedy to dry scalps.
- Another essential oil, rosemary is stimulating and encourages hair growth. It also smells exceptionally refreshing.
- Hydrating and soothing, honey has been found to do away with itchiness, flakiness, and general scalp irritation.
Ingredients to Avoid in Hair Sprays
- Irritating to the skin and respiratory system, benzene should be avoided for its damaging effects on the body.
- If a product lists fragrance as an ingredient, beware: It could be a signal for phthalates, which are human-made ingredients that pose health concerns to human health and the environment.
- If you’re familiar with natural skin products, you may have heard of the term paraben before. If not, know that these should be avoided as they disrupt hormones and may be linked to cancer.
- Although retinol has been receiving acclaim lately in the beauty sphere, be cautious: It may pose a threat to female development and reproductive organs, posing a particular threat to pregnant women.
- Sulfates are drying and strip the hair of naturally produced sebum.
The Top 6 Natural Hairsprays of 2019
Innersense: I Create Finish Hair Spray
Brimming with moisturizing ingredients and antioxidants, this hairspray keeps flyaways down and hair held in place day through night. The scent is light and refreshing, with lavender to normalize dry and oily hair and ease dandruff.
Innersense I Create Finish hair spray is also formulated with aloe, which promotes hair strength. With a clean list of ingredients, you don’t have to worry about your hair being weighed down.
Innersense Organic Beauty is a great brand for curly hair. Check out the video below to learn more about this brand.
Yarok: Feed Your Hold Hair Spray
With a delightful, enlivening lemon verbena scent, the Feed Your Hold hair spray from Yarok offers a medium hold without being stiffening. With a base of vitamin water, the formulation is light and non-sticky with just a few ingredients.
We adore this vegan, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and cruelty-free hair spray. It’s fantastic for sensitive skin types since it’s gentle and non-irritating.
Rahua: Defining Hair Spray
To smooth out frizzy hair and create visible definition, look to Rahua’s Defining hair spray. After application, you’ll still be able to comb and brush through your hair.
This product contains green tea extract, helping to protect your hair and scalp from harmful UV rays. As a whole, the spray contains just seven ingredients, making it suitable for a number of hair types, including straight, coiled, curly, and wavy.
Josh Rosebrook: Firm Hold Hair Spray
Josh Rosebrook's hair spray is just as described in the title: It provides a fantastically firm hold without the hazards of conventional hair sprays. Containing rosemary, peppermint, sage, and oregano, the product stimulates the scalp without drying it out.
Although the formulation is simple, the product does not disappoint. Not only does it hold your hair in place—it also promotes hair growth and strengthening. It has impressive staying power without an unpleasant residue.
Shea Moisture: Coconut Hibiscus Hold & Shine Daily Moisture Mist
Providing a soft, frizz-free hold, Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Hold & Shine Daily Moisture Mist is gentle on the hair and perfect for those looking to add definition to curly and kinky hair. The formula is light, encouraging silky, smooth strands.
Coconut and neem oil partner to create moisture and repair damaged hair. We also loved that silk proteins are used to promote shine. If you’re looking for a hair spray that acts more expensive than it costs, this is an excellent product for you!
John Masters Organics Hair Spray
John Masters Organics Hair Spray uses just six certified USDA organic ingredients to hold your hair with a refreshing bergamot scent. With aloe vera as a base, the product allows for a flexible, nourishing, and moisturizing hold.
The product is non-drying and non-toxic, and you don’t have to fret about sticky, stiff, or flaky hair after application. Although the hold is medium, the formula itself is lightweight.
There’s our list of the six best natural hair sprays for non-toxic hold! We hope that you’ve found this list very helpful. If you have, we’d love it if you could share with your friends and loved ones.
We’d also love to hear from you in the comments below! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out—we’ll be with you to answer your inquiries.