Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Do you love using facemasks? Are you the type who is into making your own facemasks at home? Do you like trying different facial masks? There are a lot of facial masks available on the market, and some facial masks that you can make purely in the comfort of your own home.
Most masks are designed to help moisturize, exfoliate and give life back to your face, but have you ever thought about including probiotics to your facemask? Probiotics are making their way into skincare for so many good reasons. They are powerful and super beneficial to the skin.
Yogurt, this very tasty snack is filled with probiotics. That is why it is so healthy for you. Chances are that you already know that this is a normal ingredient of yogurt, but if you do not know what probiotics are, these are healthy bacteria designed to cleanse your stomach and other parts of your digestive system.
Now, you may be asking, what is the purpose of putting this on your face and what are the benefits of a probiotic facemask? As mentioned above, these are healthy bacteria, and they can help keep any part of your body healthy. If you use this as a facemask, you can actually gain the same benefits physically as you do internally.
Using this kind of face mask on your face can give you a healthy and youthful looking face. The good bacteria that is found in yogurt can help prevent inflammation and neutralize toxins. In simple terms, these bacteria help balance the body and can most certainly do the same on your face.
Benefits of a Probiotic Face Mask
- Our skin contains healthy and unhealthy bacteria. When we cleanse, all the bacteria gets washed away, including the good stuff. A probiotic mask replenishes the good bacteria.
- Probiotics can help skin cells to not over-react and go into attack mode when they sense a potential threat.
- Help remove redness and irritation.
- Helps strengthen the skin barrier.
- Can help calm rosacea and eczema outbreaks.
- Hydrate and reduce sun damage.
Use Yogurt Because it Contains Lactic Acid
As we all know yogurt is filled with many benefits that are good for the body internally, but these benefits also translate wonderfully in treating facial issues.
Yogurt contains lactic acid. If you use this on your face, the lactic acid, which is filled with an ingredient called alpha hydroxy acid, can actually dissolve dead skin cells that can be found in your face.
This gently exfoliation not only helps create a natural looking glow on your face but it can also prevent break outs, and minimize the amount of wrinkle lines that can be found on your face. In short, it will help you look younger and youthful.
Yogurt is definitely an all-around beauty multitasker that can help prevent a number of facial problems.
How to do a Probiotic Face Mask
If you want to try using a yogurt mask, you can try these simple steps for yourself and see what the effects are on your face:
- Step 1: wash you face. – Of course, before you apply anything on your face, it is always important that you wash your face first with warm water, so that you can wash out the bad bacteria from the pores.
- Step 2: apply the yogurt on your face – after you have thoroughly washed your face with warm water and soap, you can now apply the yogurt on your face. The best kind of yogurt to use is plain, full-fat organic yogurt. Make sure that you apply it evenly so that you get all parts of your face and even your neck. The yogurt will keep the moisture on your face.
- Step 3: leave it on your face – after you have successfully applied the yogurt on all parts of your face and neck, leave it on your face for about 10 minutes. While you are waiting, you can try watching a movie, or you can sip on some wine.
- Step 4: rinse – after you have left the yogurt on your face for 10 minutes, you can now rinse your face. Make sure to use hot water, so that the pores are again open and you can rinse any remaining particles of yogurt on your face. After you have used warm water, quickly rinse with cold water after wards, so that the pores close.
After you have rinsed your face, it will start to feel very relaxed. Your face will feel tighter, and softer. Now these are the benefits of probiotic facemask.
Always remember though, that when you want to try this mask for yourself, that you use a thick kind of yogurt, preferably with active cultures, so that you can make the most out of the bacteria.
The active bacteria will give you the ultimate beauty benefit. If the yogurt you have is not thick and it is runny, make sure to strain it first before applying on the face.
Like our article? Share with your friends, or leave us a comment!