Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Product: Amala Soothing Cream Cleanser
Price: $32 USD
My rating: 8/10
How Long Have I Used the Product? 4 Months
About the Brand
Amala Beauty creates products with high potency organic plants. They believe nature gives us everything we need to look and feel beautiful.
They partner with farmers to grow their ingredients in a sustainable and healthy way.All of their ingredients are sourced from fair-trade, organic farmers. They strive to ensure that their practices are not harming the Earth or it’s inhabitants.
They uphold transparency in their company, they value your trust, and are therefore honest about product claims, clinical results, ingredients, and packaging.
Amala Beauty has high standards. They do not skimp on quality, effectiveness, or their commitment to sustainability. Their plant ingredients are not processed, bleached, deodorized, or refined, they maintain their original characteristics.
My First Impression
The color was the first thing I noticed, it is a nice light pink. I also noticed that it had a very faint scent and was very creamy. It is not foamy when you use it, it is a cream cleanser, and does a good job cleaning my face, without over-drying.
Scent and Texture
The scent is very faint and smells of chamomile, you can barely smell anything….just a little touch of sweet florals.
This face wash is cream-based. It does not foam, it glides easily over the skin and cleans well. My skin feels soothed and fresh, without dryness.
About the Product
Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Wheat Amino Acids, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear) Seed Oil*, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear) Stem Extract, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu Palm) Seed Oil*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Aspalathus Linearis (Roobios) Leaf Extract, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol.
Fragrance (Parfum)+, Ormenis Multicaulis (Moroccan Chamomile) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Honeycomb Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*.
Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Xanthan Gum, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Magnesium Stearate, Lactic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Levulinic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract*, Silver Sulfate, Alcohol*, Limonene+
*Ingredient produced by organic farming
Amala says that this cleanser contains Desert Fig Seed and Nopal Leaf, these are both from the same plant; Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear Cactus).
- Jojoba Oil – closely related to our own skin’s sebum, regulates oil production.
- Sweet Almond Oil – A wonderful skin moisturizer.
- Desert Fig Seed – Hydrates and protects. High in essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Nopal Leaf – Calms the skin while preventing redness and irritation. It hydrates and firms weakened skin.
- Morracan Chamomile – Anti-inflammatory and soothing.
- Roobios Leaf Extract – Antioxidant-rich. Anti-fungal, anti-viral and antibacterial.
“what is that?” ingredients:
- Cetearyl Alcohol – An emulsion enhancer.
- Glyceryl Stearate – Lubricates the skin’s surface and helps form emulsions.
- Sodium Cocoyl Wheat Amino Acids – A natural cleansing agent.
- Sodium Citrate – Helps stabilize PH.
- Tocopherol – Natural Vitamin E.
- Hydrolyzed Milk Protein – Derived from organic milk that is sourced from local farmers.
- Xanthan Gum – Natural gum used as a thickener.
- Guar Gum – A plant carbohydrate used as a thickener.
- Magnesium Stearate – All natural, food-grade emusifier.
- Lactic Acid – Provides skin hydration, derived from milk.
- Levulinic Acid – Derived from rice, acts as a stabilizer.
- Sodium Levulinate – Conditions the skin.
- Silver Sulfate – Creates a longer shelf life by helping prevent oxidization
All of these ingredients have low hazard ratings on EWG’s Skin Deep Database. They are all plant based and are safe to be used on sensitive skin.
$32 for 50 ml/1.7 fl oz
Who is this product for?
- Sensitive, reactive skin
- Redness, blotchiness
- Dry, dehydrated skin
- First signs of aging
How well does it work?
This cleanser is gentle and soothing, it doesn’t leave my face feeling tight.
It doesn’t wash off all of my makeup with one washing, it left some eye makeup and a layer of foundation behind. With a second washing, my makeup was totally removed. It is gentle enough to use on your eye area.
This is a great cleanser for anyone wanting something gentle, but effective. This soothing cream cleanser is a treat for the skin, I love to use it when my face is feeling dry or irritated. I don’t mind that it doesn’t foam, it does the job of cleaning my skin.
If I am wearing makeup, I just use a bit of coconut oil first to remove my eye makeup and then I wash my face twice with this cleanser.
I use this cleanser once a day, sometimes twice. I have been conserving it because it is such a nice cleanser and I want it to last. I use a different cleanser in the morning and then use this one at night.
I would recommend this cleanser to anyone who suffers from dry or sensitive skin.
- gentle and soothing
- perfect for sensitive skin
- all natural ingredients
- company has impeccable ethics
- cleans the skin without drying it out
- doesn’t foam
- doesn’t remove makeup with one washing
- comes in a plastic tube
8/10. This is an excellent cleanser for sensitive and reactive skin, but I wish it came in a glass bottle with a pump. It does not remove makeup with one washing, but with a second washing it did remove all my makeup, including my eye makeup. All in all, I think this is a gentle and effective cleanser for sensitive and dry skin.
Where Can You Get it?
Amala is Only Available at Select Retailers.
My Favorite Place to Get it is at Content Beauty & Wellbeing. They offer free shipping worldwide.
Have you tried any of Amala’s products? Let us know what you thought.
Yours In Beauty,