Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Serums are an excellent DIY tool for anti-aging because they are so easy to make. Unlike lotions and creams that require precise measurements and multiple steps, oil-based serums can be made with little to no fuss. There is no learning curve or room for error, just mix up your simple ingredients and you are ready to go.
These 5 anti-aging serum recipes are fun and simple to make, and they work! Oils are so great at nourishing and hydrating the skin. I find that my skin tolerates facial oils better than emulsified moisturizers, which tend to give me breakouts.
Give these recipes a try, you will not be disappointed. And make sure to click the links to see our recommended ingredients.
First You Will Need Dropper Bottles
The best bottles to put your serums in a dark glass dropper bottles. This will protect your ingredients from degrading quickly and the dropper makes using your serum convenient and less messy.
I recommend using these dark amber dropper bottles for your serums
5 Potent Anti-Aging Serum Recipes
#1 Anti-Aging Night Serum
Rosehip seed oil is excellent for the skin, it is high in vitamin E and A. It is a light and “dry” oil, meaning it absorbs thoroughly. It decreases environmental damage and soothes the skin with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Myrrh essential oil has an extremely high antioxidant count (second highest on the ORAC scale).
- Mix all the ingredients and transfer to an amber dropper bottle
- At night, after makeup removal and while skin is still moist from cleansing, apply 2-3 drops all over face and neck.
#2 Magic Night Potion
A night time renewal oil that fights wrinkles, nourishes the skin, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth the next morning.
Evening primrose oil combats wrinkles, while avocado oil nourishes with vitamin E and fatty acids. Pomegranate seed oil is high in antioxidants that protect and heal the skin.
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon evening primrose oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate see oil
- 10 drops of any anti-aging essential oil (see what they are here)
- Mix the ingredients in their listed order and transfer to a dark glass dropper bottle.
- One a clean, moist face, rub 2-3 drops onto your face and neck.
- Use every evening before bed.
#3 Anti-Aging Serum for Sensitive Skin
An unscented facial oil that is formulated for sensitive skin. It is a powerful moisturizer and is packed with antioxidants.
Sesame oil is well-tolerated by most skin types and contains sesamol, which has high antioxidant properties.
Grape seed oil is high in antioxidants as well, it is a dry oil that absorbs quickly. Vitamin E will combat damage done to the skin by the elements.
- Mix the oils and put them into a dark glass dropper bottle.
- Close tightly and shake.
- After cleansing in the evening, while your face is still moist, apply 2-3 drops to your face and neck.
#4 Prickly Pear Skin Repair
This is a unique facial oil that nourishes and repairs your skin.
Snail gel contains a secretion produced by snails to aid them in repairing and renewing their skin. The nutrients snail gel contains can help fight skin aging in humans.
Prickly pear oil stimulates cell renewal and increases elasticity. [Read: Prickly Pear Oil Benefits : Keep Your Skin Youthful]
- 1.5 tablespoon prickly pear seed oil
- 4 teaspoons snail gel
- 1 teaspoon rosehip seed oil
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 4 drops pure vitamin A
- Pour all of the ingredients into a glass dropper bottle and seal tightly.
- Shake to combine.
- Apply serum at night before bed to repair and refresh the skin. Use 2-3 drops on a freshly cleansed face.
#5 Prickly Pear Anti-Wrinkle Facial Oil
A rich oil that is excellent for all skin types. It works to fight against wrinkles and skin aging.
Prickly pear has powerful anti-aging effects due to its high Betalain content. It is also a super potent source of vitamin E (150% more than Argan oil).
Myrrh is an excellent oil for repairing the skin. It is the second highest source of antioxidants on the ORAC scale. Palmarosa is a natural anti-septic that moisturizes the skin.
- 1.5 tablespoons prickly pear seed oil
- 4 teaspoons liquid collagen
- 1 teaspoon pure Vitamin E
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops palmarosa essential oil
- Pour all of the ingredients into a dark glass dropper bottle, seal tightly and shake to combine.
- Use 2-3 drops both morning and night on a freshly cleansed face and neck.
There you have it, 5 potent serum recipes you can make at home to keep your skin hydrated, firm, and youthful.
Let us know what serum is your favorite, or drop a link to your a recipe you love using!