Activated charcoal is one of those home remedies that our grandparents inherited from their grandparents and so on, known years and years back.
Nope, not your typical barbeque charcoal full of toxins. The charcoal we are talking about is derived from natural sources.
You will love our 4 personal favorites below, knowing they are high-quality and top-rated.
Before we jump into the Best Activated Charcoal Powders product recommendations, I would like to tell you about the uses and benefits of this popular black powder – many of which helped me personally fight against health issues I used to be stuck with.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal is extremely potent in the elimination of ingested toxins, whether through the polluted air, food or water.
It is extremely important to get activated charcoal made from natural sources when using it for natural healing. Of course, you wouldn’t want to ingest more toxins when trying to eliminate those present in your body, right?
One of the most popular activated charcoal uses is for the safe and effective treatment of poisoning and drug overdoses. Research shows that activated charcoal works better than stomach pumping (gastric lavage) in some situations. But how does it work exactly?
It traps the accumulated toxins in the millions of its tiny pores and inhibits their absorption in the intestines, and it safely travels with them through the large intestine to be expelled out.
This process is called adsorption – a chemical reaction where elements bind to a surface, as opposed to the body’s normal absorption process. Makes sense now?
This is why when you mix it with water it makes that bubbling sound similar to what carbonated drinks do when being poured into a glass. The porous surface of activated charcoal has a negative electric charge that causes positive charged toxins and gas to bond with it. The nooks and crannies in activated charcoal are created through a heating process.
Note that Activated Charcoal is not a supplement and is not something you need to take daily. It is therefore not adding anything in but taking the bad stuff out.
You need to drink plenty of water, anywhere from 10 to 15 glasses per day when taking activated charcoal. This is because it is a strong binder and is known to cause constipation if no water is present to flush the toxins with it out.
After using activated charcoal for a few days to a week, you need to stop and continue with your healthy lifestyle as before. That being said, here are the most common benefits people use activated charcoal powder for from time to time.
- Alleviation of gas, bloating and indigestion
- Alcohol Poisoning – Helps prevent hangovers
- Teeth Whitening
- Water Filtration – Activated charcoal can trap impurities in water including solvents, pesticides, industrial waste, and other chemicals, however, it doesn’t trap viruses, bacteria, and hard-water minerals.
- Emergency Toxin Removal In Case of Ingestion – Most organic compounds, pesticides, mercury, fertilizer and bleach bind to activated charcoal’s surface, allowing for quicker elimination, while preventing the absorption in the body.
- Overall Skin and Body Health –
- Effective in treating body odor, fighting acne and relieving discomfort from insect bites, rashes from poison ivy or poison oak, and snake bites.
- People use charcoal-based soap to keep their skin healthy and glowing too.
- To treat acne, mix one capsule of activated charcoal with two teaspoons of aloe vera gel, and smooth over face. Let dry and rinse off completely. The activated charcoal binds with environmental toxins and dirt that contribute to acne.
- It’s good for spot treatments. If you want more acne-fighting facial masks based on charcoal, check this article out.
- Digestive Cleanse – Promotes a healthy digestive tract by removing toxins that cause allergic reactions, oxidative damage, and poor immune system function. By removing the toxins from your system, you can reduce joint pain, increase energy and increase mental function.
Sounds pretty good, right? If you are considering trying it out, I have selected 4 of the best brands using only natural sources. Check them out below:
Coconut Activated Charcoal Powder by Gold Mountain Beauty
As I said before, it’s important your charcoal comes from natural sources. You will feel good knowing that this charcoal powder comes from coconut.
Gold Mountain Beauty Coconut Charcoal powder is ground into a very fine powder, making its adsorption ability even more potent.
You can use it for teeth whitening, as well as for topical applications. It is food grade, so you can use it internally as well.
Pure Organic Activated Charcoal Powder by Schizandu
This is a 100% pure activated charcoal powder sourced exclusively from the USA.
Shizandu Organic Activated Charcoal Powder is certified All Natural food grade vegan, charcoal derived from Hardwood Trees, an all-natural & renewable source. Ideal for men, women, and kids.
What I really liked about this one is that it comes with an eBook guide as a bonus that covered all the benefits, tips, and uses.
Bamboo Activated Charcoal Powder by Phaii
Another 100% natural charcoal made from Bamboo as its source.
Teeth Whitening Coconut Charcoal Powder by Active Wow
Probably one of the most popular uses for charcoal and the reason why it spread through the world (even though it has other amazing benefits to it) is teeth whitening.
This is why I have included one in this list that is specifically made for that. Derived from the highest-quality coconut sources, Active Wow’s Coconut Charcoal Powder whitens your
The great thing about using activated charcoal for whiter teeth is that it naturally whitens your teeth and it isn’t as harsh as dental-grade whitening peroxides and bleaches.
And that’s that my friends, nature has a solution for every issue we encounter, we just have to be open-minded and do our own research in order to find it. All by listening to our bodies, of course.
Have you ever tried any of these products? Don’t shy away, share your opinion and thoughts with us, as sharing is indeed caring.
To Your Healthy Body,