Product: May Lindstrom Skin: The Clean Dirt
Price: $60 USD/ $74 CAD
My rating: 9/10
*note that this post contains affiliate links
About the Brand
May Lindstrom Skin offers us a simple line of luxury products that are meant to be an indulgence in self-care.
The brand was created by May Lindstrom, a model who herself deals with fussy skin. She created this line of skin care as a way to experience a daily and nightly routine that would bring peace, joy, and celebration. A decadent self-care ritual.
We all deserve beauty and personal connection, May’s skin care brings you the ultimate in luxury skin care, her blends are hand-made using only the finest organic ingredients that are sourced in a sustainable and ethical way.
My First Impression of the Product
The powder is a light beige color and smells of nutmeg. As soon as I wet the powder, it turns into a dark brown.
I can really smell the nutmeg. The ingredients are meant to heat up and stimulate the face. I could feel the tingling sensation almost right away. It was a mild heat. After washing it off, the heat went away.
I love how dark the powder got after I added water. This products has a nice exfoliation, with larger and smaller bits. I rubbed it over my skin and then let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing. I love the warming scent, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove.
Scent and Texture
The scent is warm and spicy, with clove, nutmeg and cinnamon dominating. The texture is gritty. There are fine bits and larger bits.
The application is easy. The powder is moistened and the resulting “dirt” is easy to apply to the face. It has a grainy texture that is rubbed gently on the skin to exfoliate. The clean dirt will remove light makeup and daily grime. It should not be used to remove eye makeup (use The Honey Mud for that).
White Halloysite Clay, Red Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, Red Alaea Sea Salt, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Bicarbonate, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root*, Rosa Centifolia (Pink Rose)*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower*, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon)*, Myristica Fragans (Nutmeg)*, Syzygium Aromaticum (Clove)*, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric)*, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger)*, Vanilla Planifolia Bean*, Theobroma Cacao (Raw Cacao)**. *Certified Organic . **Fair Trade
About the Ingredients
This is such a unique product. I have never seen a daily exfoliant/mask that contains Vitamin C, salt and baking soda.
- White Halloysite Clay – has a remarkable ability to absorb toxins and impurities from your skin. Especially good at removing excess oil and dead skin cells.
- Red Moroccan Rhassoul Clay – a mineral rich clay that blends very well with water, allowing for smooth application. Contains higher percentages of silica and magnesium than other clays. This clay reduces skin dryness, improves skin clarity and removes impurities.
- Red Alaea Sea Salt – an unrefined sea salt that has been mixed with a red alae volcanic clay. It is rich in trace minerals and iron. Salt is a natural detoxifier and removes impurities from the skin. The high calcium content helps clear pores and the high magnesium content prevents fluid retention in the skin. Salt helps increase circulation, exfoliates dead skin cells and leaves the skin feeling soft and youthful.
- Ascorbic Acid – this form of Vitamin C is the best form for skin care. Helps boost collagen production (collagen gives skin it’s firmness and strength). Vitamin C also has a brightening effect.
- Sodium Bicarbonate – smooths the skin and fights free radicals.
- Marshmallow Root – anti-inflammatory, reduces puffiness. Speeds up cell regeneration making it excellent for wrinkles and fine lines.
- Pink Rose – moisturizing, relaxing, toning and full of antioxidants.
- Calendula – quickens healing, antiseptic and anti-bacterial.
- Cinnamon – can improve collagen production in cells.
- Nutmeg and Clove – anti-fungal and antibacterial. Nutmeg is a natural skin brightener and clove uplifts the mind.
- Turmeric – antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. Helps balance sebum production.
- Ginger – stimulates circulation and helps remove toxins.
- Raw Cocao – very high in antioxidants (621 antioxidants to be exact. Compare that to blueberry’s 32).
$60 USD for 6.76 fl oz/200 mL
$74 CAD for 6.76 fl oz/200 mL
Who is this product for?
This stimulating daily micro-dermabrasion treatment is for all skin types. May has formulated her line to be beneficial to even the most delicate and sensitive skin types.
The warming spices are stimulating, but also highly anti-inflammatory.
If you are someone who deals with rosacea, over-reactive skin, or active breakouts must remember to be gentle. Brush this product on gently. Do not rub. Allow the ingredients to work on their own without manual stimulation.
How well does it work?
It works well. My skin was left soft and radiant after I used it. The ingredients are all effective, not a single ingredient in this formula is without purpose. All of the herbs and plants used in The Clean Dirt are potent skin healers.
I love the feeling of increased circulation in my skin, I know that the increased blood flow is bringing much needed oxygen to my cells. I love that the power in the herbs is doing all the work.
The Clean Dirt exfoliates, easing congestion and helps shed dead skin cells. It is a treatment that is meant to refine and transform your skin’s appearance – addressing issues such as uneven skin tone, dryness and flakiness, oil imbalances, and skin dullness.
Here is May Demonstrating The Clean Dirt
How Long Will it Last? What is the Shelf Life?
Because this is a dry powder, the shelf life will be long. May’s products have a shelf life of a year and are meant to last about 6 months.
What are Other People Saying?
This is an excellent skin treatment covering all aspects of a great skin care product. The Clean Dirt is a gentle exfoliate, the ingredients ease congestion and help you shed dead skin cells. The formula addresses skin discoloration, dryness, oil imbalances and acne. It helps fade scars and brightens your complexion.
All in all, I think this is an excellent product and a wonderful addition to a skin care routine. All of May’s products work well together. She recommends using this product every 3 days, rotating it or mixing it with The Honey Mud. The Blue Cocoon is then used as a moisturizer.
The price is high on all of May Lindstrom’s line but it is so worth it. The Clean Dirt will last you 6 months, so that is really only $10 a month that you are spending on exfoliating your skin. This is more than just an exfoliate, it is an anti-aging treatment, and a skin brightener.
- stimulates blood flow and oxygen to the skin
- all natural
- dark glass packaging
- brightens the skin
- packed full of antioxidants
- lovely smell
- doesn’t dry or irritate the skin
- lasts 6 months
- combats acne and oiliness
- useful for all skin types – including sensitive
- may be too spicy for some (they may not like the heat sensation)
9/10 This is a great product. I love that I am getting anti-aging benefits, detoxing my skin, combating breakouts and evening my skin tone – all with one product! I love the warm scent and the tingly sensation of the increased circulation that this product gives me.
This product will last you 6 months, making the price only $10 a month for an incredible multi-purpose product.
Where Can You Get it?
You cannot get these products on Amazon, so if you are wanting to purchase May Lindstrom’s The Clean Dirt, I personally recommend The Detox Market. They are a small company devoted to clean and luxurious products, and have free shipping over $80. They also have a Canadian store. The wonderful thing about The Detox Market, is they buy in small batches, to ensure that the products they ship out are fresh and potent.
Start Indulging Your Skin Now
USA – Get it at The Detox Maket (free shipping over $80)
CANADA – The Detox Market (free shipping over $100)
Any questions? Leave us a comment 🙂
Yours In Beauty,