When you start learning about the toxins in skin care and makeup, it makes you want to throw everything out and start fresh. Greening your beauty routine can be daunting when you think of all the products you have to replace, but let me assure you, it doesn’t have to be a big job. I will give you some simple tips to help you make the switch.
First off you are either going to want to finish the products you already have, and replace them with green alternatives as needed – or if you are super eager to get the yuckies out of your bathroom, then dispose of them.
When replacing your products, it is a good idea to start with the basics. You really don’t need that many products to have an effective skin care routine, natural beauty doesn’t come in a jar. Remember, keep it simple. So what products do you need?
For basic skin care you need:
- Cleanser [Read: How to Choose the Best Organic Facial Cleanser for Your Skin Type]
- Toner [Read: Organic Facial Toner: Give Your Skin a Pick-me-up]
- Moisturizer or Serum [Read: How to Find the Right Organic Facial Moisturizer]
For makeup you need these basics:
- Foundation [Read:Vapour Organic Beauty: Atmosphere Luminous Foundation Review]
- Lipstick [Read: 5 Safe Lipstick Brands: Yes You Can Still Have Beauty ]
- Mascara [Read: ILIA Lipstick Review]
- Eyeshadow [Read: The Best Organic Eye Shadow]
With your makeup selection, go for colors that can be worn daily.
As time goes on you can add to your collection. There are many organic skin care brands out there to try. Some labels can be deceiving so you need to learn to read ingredients. Check out EWG’s Skin Deep website or the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics for more information on decoding your skin care.
Reading organic skin care product reviews on blogs like ours can be a big help. When you purchase new skin care, ask about getting samples with your order. [Read: Shopping for Organic Skin Care Online: Quick and Easy Guide]
Laugh a lot, always wear a smile and have fun! That is what life is all about, and what makes you look the most beautiful.
You can learn more by checking out these posts:
- Become an Ingredients List Expert
- 9 Paraben Free Skin Care Brands You Need to Try
- 6 Natural Beauty Must-Haves
- 9 Reasons to Choose Natural Skin Care
- The Best Organic Exfoliants- For Your Skin Type
- Best Organic Lip Balms : 5 Lip Balms That Aren’t Full of Toxins
- Why Serums Are The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
Do you have any tips or tricks on greening your beauty routine? Or any questions? Please leave them in the comments below 🙂
Yours In Beauty,