DIY Essential oil Room Spray
There are many reasons to make your own essential oil room spray. You can mix your favorite blends and avoid the many toxic ingredients that come in conventional perfume room sprays.
In this article we will provide you with a great room spray recipe that can be used in any space or on any surface. We chose an invigorating spray safe for the whole family and great for a quick fix to conquer odors.
Benefits of a DIY Room Spray
By making your own room spray with essential oils, you can avoid breathing in, and absorbing unwanted toxins in the air and on the skin. The citrus, and fruity blend we have chosen is safe to breath, and come in contact with the skin.
In particular, if you look at febreze, there is over 85 toxic ingredients that are bronchial irritants, among other cancer causing agents and endocrine distruptors.
You can easily avoid toxins simply by making your own room spray. essential oils are not only safe to breath in, they have a wonderful effect on your neurological system helping with different conditions, including cold, flus, emotional upsets and much more.
Essential oils are a long lasting scent that will fill and stay in the air, on linens, curtains and carpet throughout the day. This blend is great if you have pet odor, stale, non circulating air or you simply want a beautifully aromatic home.
Room Spray Ingredients & supplies
The only supplies you need are:
- Dark glass spray bottle. 4 Ounce
- Essential oils. From Rocky Mountain Oils.
- Distilled water. 3.5 Ounces, leaving enough room to shake well.
- Lemon: 15 Drops. One of the best ingredients for cleaning and freshening the air. Lemon has an uplifting effect as well it helps promote a healthy immune system.
- Orange: 10 Drops. A citrus, fruity scent, Orange oil will add similar benefits as Lemon, great for cleaning, freshening the air, and great for the respiratory system.
- Tangerine: 10 Drops. Another great cleaning oil that will calm the nerves if you have a long day ahead of you. Tangerine is also an absolutely magical scent.
- Bergamot: 10 Drops. An invigorating oil that helps in any space you want to set a calming mood. Cleansing and used in skin care for its ability to soften the skin.
- Grapefruit: 10 Drops. One of the most likable scents, Grapefruit is cleansing, purifying as well as helping with mental fatigue and tension.
This is a very simple recipe. In just a few minutes you can have a long lasting, odor busting, invigorating room spray.
- Add 3.5 ounces of distilled water to your 4 ounce dark glass bottle.
- Add your essential oils one at a time to your water.
- Shake well and store at room temp in a darker space.
Use your room spray on linens, curtains, and in the air. This blend is safe to use in any room including your children's room, small spaces and surfaces. Enjoy your blend any time of day and spay as needed.
Rocky Mountain oils
Buy all your supplies from our #1 choice in quality oils. You can get all the supplies needed for this recipe, including dark glass spray bottles.
Do you have a DIY Essential oil recipe that you love? Leave a comment below, we love to hear your ideas!
To a Bright and Beautiful you,