Give The feet a little TLC
We spend a lot of time on our feet, but we tend to neglect them. Our feet can quickly get strained and tired, which can influence other areas of the body, including headaches and back pain.
If we take some time to pamper our feet we can not only improve the skin on the feet, softening and moisturizing them, we can also feel a whole lot better overall.
By adding a lovely foot scrub to our wellbeing routine, we can uplift our minds and relieve a lot of aches and strains. Ancient Egyptians, Babylonians, and Chinese royalty are known to have paid close attention to the health and beauty of the feet by practicing foot massage and exfoliation.
It has long been a tradition to care for the feet knowing how important they are. Washing and caring for the feet is still to this day, a spiritual act, because they will carry us through life.
Rejuvenate the feet
Foot scrubs can be used to rejuvenate the feet, enhance their look and combat pain. Massaging your foot scrubs into the souls of the feet can relieve tired, achy feet and help to remove dead skin while also nourishing the skin with natural ingredients.
We have put together a very simple foot scrub recipe that will help calm and revitalize the feet. The essential oils used in this foot scrub have amazing benefits for aches and pain. On top of that, the aroma will uplift the mind and alleviate mental fatigue. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?
Benefits of a foot scrub
- Relaxing: Foot scrubs are very relaxing. They can help with fatigue and stress. A foot scrub can calm the emotions and bring about a sense of calmness.
- Fights infection and calluses: The skin on the feet take a lot of abuse. Wearing heavy boots, high heels or simply being on your feet all day can cause calluses, bacteria and foot fungus. A foot scrub can fight bacteria, fungus and soften hard calluses.
- Moisturizes and softens skin: Foot scrubs work wonders on dry, dehydrated skin that often reek havoc on the feet. Nourishing ingredients and exfoliation will remove dead skin cells and smooth the rough skin on the feet.
If this doesn't sound tempting, check out how wonderful our foot scrub ingredients are!
Benefits of the ingredients
- Granulated organic sugar: What makes sugar to great in a foot scrub is its exfoliating action. Sugar will remove dry, rough skin, and increase circulation to tired feet. Sugar foot scrubs nourish and relieve parched feet.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint essential oil helps cool irritated skin, also soothing muscle strain after a workout or tired, achy feet and legs.
- Orange oil: The bright, fresh peeled orange aroma reduces tension and improves focus of the mind. Orange oil is very cleansing, fighting bacteria on the skin. What makes orange oil amazing in your foot scrub recipe is its ability to help relieve pain. Orange oil can reduce the aches and pains or over-stressed feet.
- Fractioned coconut oil: (FCO) is an exceptional multi-purpose, odorless carrier oil. It is extremely nourishing to all skin types. FCO deeply moisturizes the skin as it delivers the benefits of the essential oils it carries.
DIY Cooling & Cleansing Foot Scrub
We only recommend the best in quality and purity in essential oils. Our #1 Top Rated Essential Oil Brand is Rocky Mountain Oils. You can purchase your ingredients from this trusted source.
1 cup organic granulated sugar
½ cup of Fractioned coconut oil
7 drops peppermint essential oil
5 drops orange essential oil
Mix all your ingredients into an airtight glass jar. Massage your cooling & cleansing foot scrub into the feet as needed to relieve aches and pain.
Add a foot scrub into your wellness routine and see how much it can improve your stressed feet!
To a Bright and Beautiful you,