In this Article we will teach you about Sea Buckthorn Berry and its benefits for the skin.
A little About this little Berry
There are two kinds of Sea Buckthorn oil:
- Seed oil: The seed oil is extracted from the small dark seeds
- Fruit Pulp oil: Derived from the small, nutrient-rich, yellow-orange berries pulp.
Sea Buckthorn Berry is becoming as popular as Pomegranate and Acai berry, because of its very impressive nutritional portfolio and how it is benefiting our skin.
- It contains over 190 nutrients and phytonutrients.
- It's Vitamin C content is 12 times higher than that of an orange.
- The seed and fruit oil are rich in nutrients such as carotenoids, tocotrienols, and tocopherols.
- They are loaded with antioxidants like phenols, terpenes, and glucosides; vitamins A, C, and E; beta-carotene; plant sterols.
- Very high in trace elements such as copper, iron, selenium, and manganese.
This berry also has as much Vitamin E as wheat germ, three times more Vitamin A than carrots, and four times more superoxide dismutase, an important enzyme that helps prevent free radical damage, than ginseng. If that isn't enough, Sea Buckthorn is also the only plant source that contains omega 3, 6, 7, and 9, making this berry a complete omega family.
Sea Buckthorn Benefits for the skin
With all those powerful nutrients, minerals, vitamins and free radical fighting enzymes, your skin is going to cry out for this little berries oil extracts.
- Anti-Aging: Like we mentioned above, Sea Buckthorn has a high level of superoxide dismutase, our star enzyme, that fights free radical damage.
- Glycation: A skin symptom from an overload of glucose in the body. When we eat too much sugar, glucose proteins can attach to health collagen and elastin, causing early signs of aging. Sea Buckthorn can break apart the bindings of these proteins and heal the cellular structure of our much-needed collagen and elastin.
- Rosacea: Sea Buckthorn oil is also beneficial for rosacea, a chronic inflammatory condition that causes small red bumps on the face, because of Sea Buckthorn's very effective anti-inflammatory abilities.
- Softens and Hydrates: With Sea Buckthorn's high Vitamin E content, this oil will deeply penetrate the skins layers, holding hydration and softening the tissue.
- Acne: One of the best-known oils for combating acne. Topical Sea Buckthorn application softens, smooth's and strengthens the skin and reduces scarring, swelling, and inflammation, allowing the skin to break the inflammatory cycle and heal itself. Sea Buckthorn is a mild analgesic, which discourages scratching and picking spreading bacteria and irritating the skin. It is also anti-microbial.
Best Fruit & Seed Oil
Personally, I recommend buying both Berry & Seed oil, to get the full spectrum this Fruit offers, without missing any of the valuable nutrients. Be sure you choose CO2 extracted oils, because you will get the full profile of nutrients. Other extraction methods harm the delicate makeup of this profile.
Here is my top pick!
Do I choose the seed oil or the Fruit pulp oil?
So, what do we choose for our skin care? The oil extracted from the seeds or the fruit pulp? As a whole, Sea Buckthorn contains a full spectrum of fatty acids, carotenoids, phospholipids, and minerals. These qualities are distributed in its seed, fruits, leaves and flowers in different proportions and quantity.
Sea Buckthorn seed oil is a true nutritional anomaly: In this oil, you will find a near 1:1 ratio of 34% linoleic acid (Omega-6) and 32% alpha-linolenic acids (Omega-3). Alpha-linolenic acids help your body repair its cells, and provides the skin with deep moisturising abilities. Sea Buckthorn seed oil also contains omega 9.
The Fruit oil contains the EFA (Essential Fatty Acid) Omega 6 and, perhaps more significantly, the rare and highly sought-after Omega 7 fatty acid. Research indicates that Omega 7 supports and soothes the skin and mucous membranes. It also assists in skin repair and cell regeneration.
Both Seed and Fruit oil are best used together, making it a super berry for the skin care. The full berry contains everything your skin needs to combat aging.
- Vitamin C (stimulate collagen, reduces sun spots)
- Pro-vitamin A (rebuilds the skin. It converts to vitamin A - the most potent anti-aging vitamin known).
- Superoxide dismutase (a powerful antioxidant) Fighting free radicals and signs of aging.
- Omegas 3,6,7 and 9.
As you can see, using both oils will give you the best advantage for combating aging skin. Sea Buckthorn oil is a must have facial oil in your everyday skin care routine.
I recommend using Sea Buckthorn Berry oil in the morning for its all day soothing effect, and then using Sea Buckthorn Seed oil at night to fight free radicals while you sleep.
Best Fruit & Seed Oil
Here is my top pick!
Sea Buckthorn is a great oil to start your Anti-aging skin care routine now!
Have you tried Sea Buckthorn Berry oil? Leave us a comment or any questions below!
To a Bright and Beautiful you,